9

Esmay was up in the gallery watching Theo operate on her mum, she was going to be in the OR with him but its the famous Ellis Grey everyone wanted to be in that OR. So Theo decided to shut the gallery so she could sit up there and watch without people questioning her on her mum he had only told a few poeple she was up there only the ones that he felt needed to know.

"So im a match" a voice spoke, Esmay turned round to see Meredith walking towards her.
"Your a match for what?" Esmay asked unsure of what she was on about.
"Thatcher needs a liver transplant but hes not eligable for a UNOS one because he hasnt been sober for a year"
"Okay" Esmay said willing her to carry on.
"Lexi got tested but wasnt a match, she used her I love my daddy so much eyes"
"And she wore you down" Esmay laughed
"Yes she did and I am a match"
"Your giving Thatcher a peice of your liver" Esmay clarified slightly laughing.
"I am" she sighed.

"So how did it go with Cardioarse" Meredith asked.
"Hello Meredith" Theo called from down in the OR.
"The intercoms on" Meredith pointed out
"Yeah, it was on so we could talk."
"Could have told me?" Meredith said
"Well i could have. Your right" Esmay laughed.
"So how did it go?" Meredith whispered.
"I will tell you later"

"Meredith there you are you had the interns running around they thought they had lost you" Derek firmly spoke as he came into the gallery.
"Im sorry i had time so i came to find Esmay to tell her what was going on" Meredith defended.
"Well i better go and save thatchers life".

"Meredith" Esmay said calling her sister back who was ready for an emotional i love you moment.
"Dont die" was all Esmay said.
"You are really a ray of sunshine pregnant" Meredith sighed as she left.

"Told you dark and twisty" Esmay said aimed at the intercom for Theo to hear.
"You are not dark and twisty" he told her again.
"Hmm you have only spent an hour with me and half of that was while you have your hands in my mums chest" Esmay then stopped to think through what she said.
"Never thought i would say that"

She then sat back down carrying on to watch what was going on learning from every movement made then she heard footsteps, she turned to see the Chief she tried really hard not to roll her eyes at his presence.

"Just so you know the intercoms on" She bluntly told him incase he shared a story with her baout his time with Ellis that he didnt want the whole of the OR below to know.
"Ahh thank you"
"Doctor McKenzie is it okay to turn the intercom off?" He asked but it wasnt really a question you dont say no to the cheif.
"Of course Sir"
The intercom was now off.

Doctor Webber took the seat next to Esmay who internly sighed the gallery was empty bar her he could have chosen any seat.

"So Thatchers back" Webber told her trying to make a conversation
"I know sir Meredith was just here"
"Ahh okay"

"Im sorry for my outburst in the OR yesterday I shouldnt have reacted like that" Esmay started to apologise but Richard cut her off.
"No no no apolgy needed. I pushed i shouldnt have pushed. He asked to just see Meredith and Lexi i just assumed he didnt know you were here but he did, he told me and your right I allowed the relationship i have with Meredith to use you and I shouldnt had but I still stand by what I said your Father wants to make amends so why not let him"

"He wants to make amends with everyone but me. Before you argue Sir, he didnt look at me when i walked in the room or when I spoke, i doubt he was bothered when I left the room either and when Lexi wasnt a match and Merediths name came up mine didnt"
"You are right"
"I last saw Thatcher when I was 2 years old the day he left, he didnt even look back. When he came here with Molly he didnt ask Meredith about me, she told me, she said Esmays great thanks for asking and he just left. He doesnt want to know me. Can we just leave it"

They both the  fell silent.
"I know why you feel a duty to fix it" Esmay suddenly spoke
"Im sorry but i don't follow Doctor Grey" Richard firmly spoke.
"I know you and my mum were having an affair, I know that you planned to end your marriages to be together, taking Meredith with you but she then found out she was pregnant with me so staying with Thatcher, you planned to leave again thats why she kicked him out when I was 2 then she tried to kill herself" Esmay softly said the last bit not needing the memeories of the bloody kitchen table.

"How do you know?" Webber asked soflty.
"My mother isnt the most maternal person, she told me from a  young age that I ruined her happiness, when ever i failed something a test, riding my bike or a sports game she would say I sacrificed my happiness for you to just fail at life. Then when the alzihmers was at its worse before she went into care, she told me about the two of you not sparing any detail. I cant forget that" Esmay shivered. "So you want to help Thatcher fix his life in the hope it will help your concious"
"Its self fish I Know" He agreed
"No its not its pretty honourable most poeple wouldn't try to help the one they hurt heal they would just want to move on to forget the hurt they caused." Esmay truthfully spoke looking at Theo talking about Theo.

"So Meredith told me that congratulations is in order" Richard beamed changing the subject.
"She told you" Esmay sighed "im sorry Sir i was planning on telling you myself"

"No it came up because lexi was worrying what the next step would be if Meredith wasnt a match she suggested you, meredith instantly shot it down, i pushed her to explain. And twins thats amazing"
"Yeah yeah I guess it is"

"Are you going to tell ellis?"
"I dont know, i want to but i know what she will say that I am ruining my carer being pregnant in my residnecy the last year of it the most important year. I dont know if I can take it. I dont want them to experience the Ellis Grey experience"
"She may surprise you and Esmay you dont know how long she will be lucid for this is a gift make the most of it"
"I know, most of the hospital knows. Be better if she heard it from me then a whisper in the corridors"

"Does the father know?" Richard asked he had heard the rumor that they were no longer together.
"Yes he does. Told him before the surgery well he found out"
"Are you to going to work it out?"
"I dont know" Esmay then looked at Richard in slight shock he saw the look.
"What" he asked worried it was something with the babies.
"I get why Meredith talks to you alot and why she says your like a father to her your really easy to talk to"
"Thank you" he smally laughed back.