2

Doctor Bailey head of General Surgery walked into the operating room to assist Doctor Webber but she was shocked to see which Grey they would be teaching.

"Middle Grey thought Little Grey would be with us" Doctor Bailey enquired.

Richard waited for Esmay to answer and Esmay waited for Richard to answer.

"Shes with Thatcher" Esmay answered.
Bailey looked at Esmay in shock and confussion.
"Your father why arent you with him?" Bailey asked as she started to assist the surgery.

"He doesnt want to talk to me" Esmay simply expalined.
"Did he tell you that?"
"No but hes had 26 years to make up for his mistakes and he choses now."
"He may have tried to reach out or even not know you worked here" Bailey tried to think of rational reasons for Thatchers absense in her life but Emsay already had the answer.

"He never tried to reach out. I knoe that because the first time he came here with Molly when Meredith was an intern, Thatcher tried to talk to her, so she lashed out Inwas the weapon she told him that I was fine that I was in med school he walked away at the mention of my name. Mereidth told me. He knew i worked here when Theo got the job here I rang him to tell him I would be in seattle and wanted to talk, to make amends. I never heard back" Esmay explained.

"Hes your dad? Doesnt he deserve a chance" Bailey questioned.
"Yes yes he does but he doesnt want it from me" Esmay pushed back.

Then Esmay suddenly realised something, thatcher didn't want to talk to her so why was she pulled into the office, she looked up to the guilty look that webber was wearing and it all clicked.

"He didnt ask for me did he?" Esmay said to webber who just ignored her question.
"Of cours he did"Bailey immediatly shot trying to reassure the young girl.

"Chief" Esmay demanded her answer.
"Doctor Webber" Bailey called.

The chief looked up at Esmay, she needed the truth but he felt bad that he had put her in this position.

"No, he asked to see lexi and Meredith but not you" Webber told her slowly and gently, Bailey shock her head at her chief and mentor in shock at what he did.
"So you decided for him that he should speak to me" Esmay clarified.
"Yes, I assumed he didnt know that ypu worked here and i thought he would be happy to see you." Webber defended his action.
"But he wasnt. He was anything but happy"
"I know but I have been in his position. You need family in recovery he needs you"

"He doesnt want me" Esmay firmly spoke.
"Stop acting like hurt child." Webber shouted
"Richard" bailey warned.

"Chief" Esmay stood up confidently tall "i have done the hurt child act when my dad left me at two years old with no explanation from him or my mum, once he left life ressumed and it was like he never lived there. I am not doing the hurt child act he doesnt want to know me i dont know what i have done, i was 2 what can a two uear old do to an adult. I understand you and Meredith are close and you feel the need to protect her and help her but I am not Meredith. You and I are not close. You arent my father. You overstepped" Esmay shouted.

"Doctor Grey, step away from the table" Bailey demanded. "Out of the OR go calm down"
Esmay turned and walked away slapping her scrub coat and gloves in the bin and walked away she didnt know where she was going she needed to calm down. She could feel the anger in her it was all bubbly and she didnt like it one bit.

Without even realising she walked into the Cardioward and Theo saw her, he could tell something was wrong with her face was blank no smile which she always has on like an outift accessory. He wanted to run up to her and hug her but he wasnt sure if that was his place anymore then he remembered what he had heard Meredith, Derek and Cristina talking about in the ER, Thatcher was back. He had to see her.

Theo walked up behind her working out in his head the best way to approach this then he noticed they were about to walk pass an on call room so he gently grabbed her lower arm and pulled her inside she didnt even react.

She just stood in the middle of the room, holding her head in her hands trying to hide the tears or the fact she wanted to scream, Theo gently pulled her hands away from her face and pulled her down next to him on the bed, as her head fell on his shoulder and the tears they came like a flood but Theo just held her stroking her hair to help calm her.