22

Esmay started to wake up, everyone in the room jumped.

"Heyy" Esmay smiled as she woke up to Theos smiling face she then saw what Theo was holding.
"Oh hello, who have we here" Esmay cooed lifting her hand placing it on the babies head.
"This is our baby girl" Theo smiled tilting his daughter so Esmay could see.
"Hello baby girl, arent you adorable"

"Theres only one" Esmay sighed preparing herself.

Theo didnt say anything he just pointed to the chair next to him.

"Meet Mr Blue eyes" Esmays best friend Cindy said getting her attention to see her son.
"Oh hello, look at those blue eyes" Esmay cooed
"Just like his daddy" Theo told the girls who just shock their heads in disproval.

"Cindy why are you here? Not that im not glad to see you"
"I got three calls" Cindy explained
"3 from who" Esmay asked
"This guy, Meredith and Jackson" Cindy told her best friend.
"Jackson you spoke " Esmay noted wide eyed
"Not exactly, he just said Esmay needs you now then hung up, he hasnt come in your room while im in here"
"The two of you broke up what 7 years ago" Esmay tried to rememebr.
"I know but it seems a little awkward i dont know" Cindy sighed.

"Maybe because when you got here the first thing you said to Jackson was Im married have been for 5 years, have 2 children I have moved on Jackson" Theo told them in Cindy's voice.
"Oh Cind you didn't" Esmay said sympatheticly
"I panicked okay I panicked then ran in here hiding" Esmay just laughed.

"How are the jelly tots doing?" Esmay asked beaming at her son sleeping on her arms.
"Their sats are improving. Oxygen levels are amazing they dont need a tube any more. They are doing so well" Theo briefly told her watching, Esmay beamed at her son in her arms.
"our little superstars" Esmay giggled as her son smiled in his sleep as His mums smile got even bigger.

"I can agree with that" Arizona smiled as she came in with Doctor Karev.

"Your not here to take them are you?" Esmay begged scared, she had just woken up, she hadnt even held her baby girl yet she needed to hold her.
"No we are going to do some quick tests in here so they can stay by yourside" Arizona smiled with the good news.

"Well i havent held my baby girl yet so do your tests first on the little boy?" Esmay told them as Alex gently took him out of her arms.

As soon as the baby girl was placed in her mums arms her little body relaxed and it was the first time that day the young girl had actually fallen asleep, her brother had slept most of the day since being born 5 hours ago, his sister on the other hand hadnt slept but now she was with her mum she fell asleep.

"Shes happy to be with her mum" Theo smiled watching his girls.

"My nephew is finally awake, arent you so cute" Lexi cooed as she walked into the room to Alexs side.
"Hes got his dads super skill of sleeping all day"
"Yes yes he has" Cindy agreed.
"Its a great superpower" Theo laughed, esmay just shock her head.

"Now Esmay you are a patient too, you have stitches on your head and on your abodmen, you have two broken fingers and a very brused hand amd you have a few burns on your arms so we will need you to be kind to yourself and take time. You were very lucky, could have been worse" Arizona told her.
"Sounds it as long as I can hold my babies"
"I like it a Grey that listens" Arizona smiled as she gently took the baby girl from her mums arms.

Karev went to place the baby boy in his mums arms.
"No give him to Theo hes not held him yet" Karev then did as he was told.

"Hey." Mereidth softly spoke as she walked into the room to her sisters side.
"Hi" Esmay smiled back.

"How are you?"
"Im fine how's Derek did you find him" Esmay quickly asked.

"Im fine i got off the ferry boat when they were first evacuating" Derek told her joining Meredith then Esmays room filled with more Doctors all happy to see her and cooeing over the baby in Arizonas arms.

"Esmay what happened out there on the boat?" Meredith asked intrigued.
"Ahh well, i left Derek as i needed  something out the car but i hadnt got to the car when there was a massive bang and the ferry boat shock, all the cars started to roll towards me i tried to get away, I managed to bang my head then woke up to fire, blood and my hand stuck under a fallen pipe" Esmay tried to explain piecing together what she could remember.

"Well your safe and so are the jelly tots thats all that matters" Theo smiled as their baby girl was placed back in her mums arms.

The room then bursted in awwe as all the doctors surrounded the new twins and the new parents.

"So what are the names or do i have to keep calling them neice and nephew" Mereidth question as all the doctors leant in closer excited to hear the names.
"This little boy is Tommy Wilbur McKenzie-Grey and this little girl is Jessie Ellis McKenzie-Grey" Esmay beamed introducing her chidlren to those that would watch them grow.

"Jessie Ellis, Ellis would love that" Webber smiled leaning over the bed.

"Well she will find out soon" Esmay smiled.