14

Esmay was pusbing Meredith down the hall in her wheelchair to see their mum.

"Hi Mum" both girls chimed as they came into her room not taking a hint from Webbers expression.
"Girls wait" Webber tried to say but he was cut off.

"Meredith why are you in the babys pushchair you will break it" Ellis sneered as Meredith jumped out.

"Shes no longer lucid" Webber told the girls.

"Where is the baby Meredith? You havent lost her again have you" Ellis sneered.
"No mum im here its me im the baby. Im Esmay"

Ellis looked Esmay up and down shaking he rhead.
"Your not my baby, my baby is 1 your grown up"
"Mum its me" Esmay trued to persaude.
"No, your not the baby" Ellis firmly said again.
"Mum, its me Esmerelda Rose Grey, I was born on June 17th 1993, you went into labour in the middle of surgery and i was very nearly born in OR3. I am your youngest daughter" Esmay told her using the list of memories that usually helped Ellis remember Esmay.
"get out" Ellis yelled getting agitated without saying anything Esmay turned round leaving Meredith in the room.

Ellis room was at the end of the Cardio ward so there was no other patients near her, Esmay walked into the opposite room and slid to the floor screaming into her hands.

She heard footsteps hurridely coming into the room, she asumed it was Webber.
"Hey Esmay" Theo spoke softly as he joined her on the floor pulling her close to him.

"Mum she she didnt recognise" Esmay cried into his shoulder as he stroked her hair helping to calm her down.
"Why did i think she would, i havent seen her for 12 years always to scared to see her.  I was never brave enough to go visit her even in college med school i just couldnt. Now for 3 days she has been lucid and its been amazing i didnt want to think for a second what it would be like when the lucid stopped and i was meet with that night mare she didnt know me she thought I was 1."

"Esmay, its not her its the alzhiemers" Theo tried to explain but Esmay pulled away shaking her head.
"Dont you think I know that I have lived with my mum having alzhiemers since I was 13, i know everything there is about this disease so dont use the alzhiemers as an excuse. I just just for once I want her to rememebr then I wont blame myself"
"Why you blaming yourself you didnt give it to her" Theo asked
"I blame myself because" Esmay took a deep breath "when she was taken to the care home, i never once visited her, Meredith offered many times to take me but i made an excuse, she even tricked me into going a few times and I always ran in the other direction or refused to get out the car. My mum was never maternal, i spent my whole living being told that I ruined her hapiness, being told all of my flaws every day. I couldnt willingly going through that and I felt guilty if i had told meredith we were struggling then she wouldn't have gone in the home"

"No you tried your best you were 16, you had school to juggle but your mum you always put her first, staying up late to do homework and research on alzhiemers to help your mum. You did absolutely everything you could" Theo said trying to reassure her.
"I know" Esmay breathed gently pushing her head against the wall.
"Your amazing" Theo smiled.

"Oh dont do that" Esmay moaned
"What"
"Try to be all nice and flattering because of the jelly tots growing inside of me"
"Im always nice and flattering" Theo smiled proudly.
"What ever" Esmay rolled her eyes as she stood up, leaving the room.

"How is she?" Meredith asked as she spotted Theo coming out of the room behind Esmay.
"Shes she feels guilty because she never visited her out of fear and now Ellis doesnt know who she is"
"Thats just the alzhiemer"
"I know that she knows that but she still feels guilty you know Esmay shes likes thag".

"Hmm yeah. I will keep an eye on her"
"I can"
"Theo, its not your place. Shes my sister. Ive got this" Meredith firmly told him as she wheeled away trying to catch up with her sister.