3

The tears stopped, Esmay sat up and then realised who was comforting her.

"Im sorry, I shouldnt have, im fine, dont dont worry" Esmay spike as she jumped up and ran out of the room not wanting to comfront him or even for him to comfort her. It was still awkward. Not just the fact that she saw him with another women but she was keeping a secret from him and she couldnt talk to him till he knew.

She got paged to the ER, she sighed with relief she couldn't just walk away from that room, inside of her wanted to burst in, tell him and take him back but she couldn't so the page was her way out.

"Meredith" a voice boomed sending chills down Esmays back she froze in the corridor that voice that shout sounded familiar, a shout she grew up hearing but usually her name.
"Get me doctor Webber" The voice shouted again, Esmay was stll  frozen in the corridor but she still couldnt see the face of the voice hoping that it wasnt who she thought it was.

"Meredith, Meredith wheres the baby" with that shout a gaurney was wheeled passed Esmay with her mum on it and Meredith running along side, Esmay was now frozen with fear. Her mum spent her childhood telling Esmay how soft and like her father, that she ruined her happiness and that she would never be a surgeon. She couldnt see her well thats if she knew who she was.

Ellis grey has alzhiemers, Esmay hasnt seen Ellis since she went into a  home 12 years ago she could never bring herself to see her.

"Isnt that your mum Ellis Grey" Bailey questioned standing next to Esmay who didnt answer she just turned around in the opposite direction.

"Doctor Grey" Bailey shouted after the young girl running after her but she just kept walking.
"Esmay" Bailey shouted as she caught up with her.

"Yes doctor Bailey" Esmay shouted as she turned around to face Bailey.
"Wasnt that your mum we just saw" Bailey questioned at the mention of her mum Esmay turn back around continueing to walk away.

"Esmay stop" Bailey instructed standing infront of Esmay not allowing her to move.

"First i end my emgagement to the love of my life or so I thought, Thatcher turns up now my mum. Bailey I just cant" Esmay explained emotionally.

Doctor Bailey was listening to what Esmay was telling her while she was looking around for a spare room they could go in for Esmay to collect her thoughts and decide what she wanted to do next.
She then found an empty meeting room opened the door. "In here" Bailey instructed as the two of them walked in, Esmay fell into a chair and Bailey took a seat next to her.

"Im sorry for my outburst in the OR" Esmay began.
"Oh no dont apologise everything you said was right, Richard over stepped, it just wasnt the right time to tell him but dont worry I made sure he understood" Bailey smiled, Esmay lightly laughed.

"Thank yo5y Bailey. I cant go see my mum. The baby she was demanding to see is me. She doesnt even know me she thinks im a baby. Bailey i cant face that" Esmay told her.

"Be there for Meredith" Bailey suggested getting a light chuckle from Esmay.
"When has Meredith ever needed help"
"Your right there" Bailey laughed getting a small smile from Esmay.

"You know mum was diagnosed with alzhiemers when I was 13, it was such a confusing time i didnt understand what that meant my mum forgetting her keys was just a regular thing i thought that was normal. I didnt really understand, then it gradually got worse forgetting keys turned into going to get food then leaving the trolley full of food in the middle of an aisle then that turned into forgetting to pick me uo from school or even forgetting to take me to school that turned into forgetting surgies, or performing the wrong ones she was then forced to stop working. The year Mereidth went to college was the year it got really hard, I started to come home to my mum not there, i would run around trying t find her usually she would be at the hospital but the week before spring break she started to forget poeple, i would come down in the morning to her making breakfast for three forgetting that Mereidth was at college she would always smile that she was pursing surgery, somedays she would make breakfast for 4 thinkinb Thatcher still lived with us she was always proud of herself for kicking him out, getting her happiness. I missed a couple of days of school that week because she was determined to go to work so i stayed to distract her they were the best days we spent the day baking, something we always did together it was our thing Mereidth always burnt it if she helped, still does but then spring break I woke up one morning as normal came down stairs mum started to scream at me, she didnt know who I was, she called the police thinking i was a burglar, have you ever seen a burgular in mickey mouse pyjamas?"
"Cant say I have" Bailey softly answered.

"Well the police came, they were so understanding but they bought social services with them, that evening my mum was sent to a temporary care home, social services rang meredith telling her what had happened she didnt know that every month she was away our mum was getting worse I had kept it from her, protecting her I guess. She was away on a spring break holiday with her friends, she got on a plane but didnt get to boston till the following morning so I had to go into temporay foster care they were so nice they understood that I had been through a lot but i got there shut myself in the room and didnt come out till meredith arrived I then moved in with meredith till i went to college."

"Youve been through a lot and at such a young age no wonder you apprehensive . Look why dont i come with you, we just take one step at a time and if you decide not to go in there you dont have to" Bailey offered as she stood up, outreachung her hand out for Esmay.

"Okay" Esmay sighed as she took Baileys hand and they walked down the corridors.