14. The gamble of Life and Future (part 3)

A/N: This chapter contains 6767 words.

Previously, on The Queen:

'In this game, it's no use betting large amounts... As long as I always bet 1 more, I get the right to choose.'

'You knew I would get the right to choose anyway if you put everything in and now you've lost everything. But all that doesn't matter now, I won and that's all that matters. I always take the road of the elite.'

"(Y/N), your chips are all gone. Do you want to keep playing?"

 "I think now is the perfect time to show what you can do, Itsuki! Come on, lend a friend a hand!" 

"I know you're scared, but a friend needs you. My friend needs you."

'If I want everyone to know that I'm a boss, I'll have to do this.' 

"A hundred chips. Add 1 billion yen, please!!"

**********

"Top up with 100 chips, please!" Itsuki cried loudly.

The crowd cheered, glad that (Y/N) got the chance to play against Kaede again. "Tch," Kaede muttered, "Idiot, that's a stupid decision." (Y/N) giggled as Itsuki turned to Kaede. "No, you are an idiot. You could never get me back on the Student Council, the President would never allow that!" Itsuki made a fist of her hand and looked at the young man in frustration. "Besides, I'm tired of you looking down on me. You once told me we were the same and I think that's true." Itsuki's voice grew a little louder as she said, "And since that is true, I am going to humiliate you!" 

Yumeko stood behind Itsuki and put her hands on her shoulders. "I am proud of you, Istuki! You have made the right choice!" (Y/N) sat down with a smile. "So... shall we?" she said confidently. Above the audience sat Mary, Lily, and Ryota. Mary and Ryota both looked at Lily after Itsuki spoke on stage. Ryota couldn't stop thinking about the face Lily made when she kind of forced Itsuki to step onto the stage. He had never seen her like this before and he quietly hoped he never had to see her like that again. 

"Now then, let's start again!" the Vice President said, raising her left hand. It didn't take long before she shuffled the black cards and handed them out to the two players, Kaede and (Y/N). Yumeko and Itsuki were behind her, Ryota, Lily and Mary were at the top of the audience, looking how it would go this time and Runa silently enjoyed the lollipop she had taken from her pocket. "This is going to be interesting..." she whispered to herself.

"Would someone like to switch?" the Vice President asked after the two opponents looked at their cards. "I'll change two cards," Kaede said, pushing two cards forward. "I'm following Kaede," (Y/N) continued happily, a smile on her face as if thanking the Gods for this second chance. Kaede swallowed when he saw what cards the lady had given away. 'A pair of queens? Why the hell would she do that?' The audience had also something to say, of course. "What is she doing now?" someone shouted. "(Y/N)'s got to be up to something..." the other yelled. 

Kaede looked frustrated and focused at his opponent's cards as he squeezed in his. 'Who would have thought she would do something that stupid again. She probably wants to win with a weaker hand, so if I just-' His thoughts were interrupted by the dealer's words. "(Y/N), you can bet." Yumeko placed her head close to (Y/N)'s and said, "(Y/N), Itsuki has given you so many chips. It would be a shame to hold back yourself, wouldn't it?" (Y/N) giggled and turned her face to Yumeko's so that their lips almost touched. "You're absolutely right about that, my dear."