12. The gamble of Life and Future (part 1)

A/N: This chapter contains 3131 words.

Previously, on The Queen:

"Unfortunately this concert is over, but like I said, I'm going to choose a new group member."

"It was her choice to fly to the UK to interview some of the Cullen families there."

"I... I had a 17 year old daughter... She... died... a few months ago..."

"Her name... was Iris... Iris Cullen..."

She belonged to the family of 1 of the 10 richest people in England, whether or not she was playing with them.

"Has anyone ever heard of a sidebet?"

"I lost,"

"No, I'm not, Kaede! I did all this just so you wouldn't be able to refuse my request!!"

"An Official Match it is!"

**********

There she was, her left arm outstretched, swinging a house pet tag from side to side. (Y/N) took the metal plate in her hand and held it in front of Kaede. Kaede looked at (Y/N) in amazement and shock at the same time. This was the last thing he expected. Yumemi and her manager held each other. 'The fact that I fell for her scheme,' Yumemi thought, 'I should have never thought she believed in me when she said she bet on me.' Yumeko was a little further from kaede and (Y/N). She looked at the two with a surprised face, her cheeks flushed. 

(Y/N) had mapped out her plan to forcibly challenge Kaede from the start, and Yumeko - and Kaede at this point too - finally understood it. She lost a whole sidebet just so she could force Kaede to gamble with her. A smile appeared on Yumeko's face. She grabbed her left breast and put her middle and ring finger into her mouth. Her body felt warm, no, hot, and her eyes shone red like freshly poured blood in the sun. 'Oh, (Y/N)...' she thought, 'When is it my turn to sit across from you at a poker table?' "O-oh..." Runa said with a smirk, "Kaede fell into his own trap..." 

She turned to the Vice President next to her. However, she looked straight ahead, not a single sound escaped from her mouth. Awkwardness took over Runa, who soon turned back to the show again and got a lollypop out of her pocket. "Well, Kaede, you know I'm not really the patient type," (Y/N) said, her eyes luminous green pools, "Let's have some fun, shall we?" Kaede pushed his glasses well up to his nose, and in the right lighting the glasses reflected the white light. He lifted his chin a little and gave a sly smile. 

'Okay, I admit it... I underestimated this woman. She only bets for gambling, just like Yumeko Jabami. She is a gambling addict. (Y/N) Cullen is smarter than I thought. Judging by the fact that she gambled her life away just to play a game with me, because I told her she couldn't interfere with Yumeko and Yumemi, we now know she doesn't care about the end result. She's just gambling for the concept of gambling itself.' 

He lowered his chin and made fists of his hands, squeezing the microphone he was holding. 'In this case, it's simple,' he thought again, 'I'll include that in my calculations.' "Fine," he said through his microphone, a determined look on his face, "I accept your challenge." At the top of the audience silently watching the situation on stage, Itsuki, Mary, Lily and Ryota stood up, all in astonishment. Lily knew there was nothing she could do about this, even though her brain told her to walk up to the stage to beg her master to stop. She wanted to, but she didn't.