16. Dead flowers to Her Highness

!!! T.W.: depression, death from overdose !!!

A/N: This chapter contains 4210 words.

Previously, on The Queen:

"Hey, you wanted to talk to me?"

"Why are you lying, Ririka? I never bet 1 billion yen in the beginning! I know Kirari pretended to be you, but why? What is it that you are keeping a secret from me?"

"Then I'm not interested in speaking to you anymore."

"I have no intention of gambling with the President today."

"Ugh... I just need a distraction, I guess. Something to get my mind off her..."

"Risking everything, what exactly does that mean?"

"...we use the school for all participants. The one who loses will never take another step in this school."

"Sayaka, you're back!"

"I... I did what you asked, Miss President. I have a lot of information about (Y/N)."

"(Y/N) (L/N)!"

**********

"Excuse me, what?"

Mary walked around on the balcony, hoping someone would answer her question, but everyone seemed just as confused as her. Surely it couldn't be that (Y/N) Cullen, the girl she'd known for a while, turned out to be (Y/N) (L/N)? Or...? "Hello? Is someone going to explain to me what's going on here?" Sayaka looked at her, knowing it was time to tell the truth about (Y/N). She felt bad that even (Y/N)'s friends didn't even know the truth. "Well, tell me," Itsuki said, who was just as confused as Mary, "Why would you call (Y/N), (L/N) instead of Cullen?" Sayaka exhaled softly and turned to (Y/N) and Kirari standing downstairs with Yumeko. 

The President turned out to be very neutral. She didn't laugh, but she certainly wasn't angry either. She just stood there with her eyes on the girl. (Y/N) on the contrary, smiled and her eyes shone a bright green. She kept staring at Sayaka, waiting for what she had to say, and the smile on her face was terrifying. Yumeko looked surprised. Sayaka opened her mouth to say the first few sentences, but before she could say anything, she was spun around. It was Lily. Lily grabbed her by the collar of her shirt and pushed her back so she hung over the balcony, ready to fall all the way down when Lily let go. 

"W-What are you doing?!" Sayaka shouted in fear as she tried to take Lily's hands. "Lily?! Stop!!" Itsuki exclaimed. "Lily, this isn't you!!" Ryota yelled, fear in his voice. Runa just watched in surprise. Lily's eyes were covered by her hair and with a cold tone she said to Sayaka, "Remember when I said I'd break you like a twig?" There was a moment of silence, Sayaka was too scared to answer. Lily lifted her head slightly so that her hair was out of the way of her eyes, allowing Sayaka to see the killing spirit in them. "What if I just do that now?" 

"No..." Sayaka whispered frightened, not knowing if Lily would really let go. There was a slim chance that Sayaka would survive that fall. "I think you should keep your friend in check, (Y/N)" Kirari said. (Y/N) smiled and opened her arms to Lily and Sayaka. "Lily... Let go..." "Now? That would be a pleasure!!" Lily replied angrily. "You know what I mean..." With those words Lily sighed, pulled Sayaka forward and let go of her. She turned and went to the stairs to go down, but before she touched the first step, she looked over her shoulder at Sayaka and whispered just loud enough for her to hear, "One day..."