18. The Student Council Presidential Election

A/N: This chapter contains 3110 words.

Previously, on The Queen:

"I am so, so sorry..."

"Promise me... That you will return to Japan and then my promise that everything will be okay will come true too."

"(Y/N), if you don't sit down NOW there will be consequences!!"

"If I can't even talk to my mom normally, I'm gone. I'm going back to Japan and I'm taking those two here with me."

"But don't think there will be no consequences, young lady."

"Even Ririka got nothing from (Y/N). Apparently she's been trying to contact her since she left, but it seems like (Y/N) doesn't exist,"

"There's nothing wrong, guys! It's just... (Y/N) and I are still in touch!"

"She's coming back to Hyakkoau this week!"

**********

"Newsflash by the Student Council Presidential Election!!" a male voice said on the various TV's in the school building. The voice was continued by the image of Runa with some kind of stick in her hand. "Okay, the Election Commitee has started and I'm your hostess! The Presidential Elections have been going on for a week and I'm keeping it exciting by keeping you up-to-date!" She smiled and pointed her stick to a digital sign behind her. Two girls in a similar sweater stood next to her on either side. "This competition is not just any competition," Runa laughed. "After the President herself, Kirari Momobami, has relinquished her seat, anyone in this school can become the new President!"

The image behind her changed to live footage of the President's empty chair. "The rules are simple: The Election lasts 30 days. During that time, held gambles will not use normal money chips, but rather vote chips. Each student received one vote chip at the beginning. The only way to gain votes for yourself is by gambling. Every student is a potential candidate. Whoever has the most votes at the end of that time-span is the winner and the new president." Runa giggled and waved her stick in the air as if it were a magic wand. The screen changed to a black background with a spinning blue chip on it. The moment everyone had been waiting for.

"Now, the top 10 who have the most chips so far!! Number 10: This rising star immediately beat a lot of them when she got here. With 13 chips, Yumeko Jabami! Number 9: She is getting more and more votes despite her coolness. Is she holding a trump card? Miroslava Honebami with 17 votes! Number 8: she trumped Yuriko Nishinotoin of the Traditional Culture Club almost immediately. With 21 votes, Miyo Inbami! Number 7: You are doomed if you gamble with this girl! Sumika Warakubami with 40 votes. Number 6: Our current President was elected in her first year. Can she do that too? It's Itsuki Sumeragi with 50 votes! Number 5: He has more votes than any boy in the Hyakkaou Private Academy. He doesn't seem like much of a leader, but this is Rin Obami with 62 votes. Number 4: This girl was a wallflower for a long time but she's in 4th place. There's a lot of hope for giant slayer Mary Saotome with 101 votes! Number 3: This Your-Tube idol is aiming high, even now! You can share videos, but you can't share votes. Yumemi Yumemite with 109 votes. Number 2: Few students radiate so much dignity. She could be president tomorrow... With 133 votes, Terano Totobami!"

Runa gasped softly and reappeared on the screen, a smile on her pale face. "Wow, they are all so talented! Only one person is at the top of the 3000 students!" The image changed back to that dark background and the blue spinning chip, which then turned into several pictures of Kirari. "Number 1: she needs no introduction. Our own President Kirari Momobami with 216 votes!" Runa waved her arms in the air, back in the foreground. "Oh dear! Only the President can collect so many votes in 1 week! She's also the only one who has anything to lose after all," She laughed with a grin, "so I understand why she works so hard! But it's still early, so every student still has a chance to win!"