3. Seventy million yen

A/N: This chapter contains 2406 words.

Previously, on The Queen:

"Come on, Missy Takahashi!~"

Lily couldn't believe her eyes. (Y/N)'s deepest urge has surfaced already, on the first day of this school and all because she did not dare to gamble.

"You are playing the game: King and Queen.

'K-King and Queen?' she thought, 'great! I can't lose this game because...

... I gave this boy the cards for this game as a present!'

"So Mr. Takahashi has a very large company and probably a lot of money. So why bet so little? How about 40 million yen?"

"Missy, darling. The white dots aren't the only cheat codes in this game..."

"You know, this school seems like a paradise... and I want to be the Queen."

**********

"K-King...?"

Missy looked at the card that (Y/N) just put up and showed her, in disbelief. (Y/N) looked at Missy with an innocent smile, but in her eyes everyone could see she could devour her. There was a silence in the class until someone suddenly whispered, "Missy... has lost." Just then, Missy stared at the table in front of her. Her eyes began to fill with tears. (Y/N) stood up from her chair and laid the card down on the table. She stepped behind Missy, who now had a tear running down her cheek and whispered with bright green eyes, "Ms. Takahashi, it doesn't matter that you lost. Didn't we have fun?" 

She put her hands on Missy's shoulders and placed her lips against Missy's ear. "Because you borrowed 30 million yen from me and lost 40 million, you now owe me 70 million yen." Then she took Missy by the chin and saw that the girl was silently crying. She put her lips just in front of Missy's and said, "I hope you're kind enough to pay me the money?" Then she released her, gestured to Lily to come with her, and walked to the door of the classroom. 

"Wait..." 

(Y/N) heard Missy while getting her briefcase from Lily. "What did you say?" she asked, looking back through the corner of her eye. Missy was out of her chair. Tears ran down her cheeks and fell to the ground. "Please..." she said, "please play another game with me... I really can't lose 70 million yen... Please..." The whole class looked at the sniveling girl. Even Yumeko looked at her in surprise. (Y/N) turned her face forward again and coldly said, "No." Then she left the class, leaving Missy who now fell to her knees and started crying loudly. The whole class was silent. They were still trying to process what just happened. 

Yumeko suddenly walked quietly out of the classroom. Mary and Ryota followed her, "Hey, Yumeko! Where are you going?!" Yumeko quickly walked down the hall, chasing (Y/N) and Lily. "Hey, (Y/N), Lily! Wait a second!" Both girls stopped walking and turned around. The 3 friends caught up with the 2 newbies. "(Y/N)," Yumeko said, "how did you know the card you took was the king?" (Y/N) looked a bit weird at Yumeko and then said, "Oh, I didn't know that. That was pure luck~" 

She smiled at Yumeko and the others when Yumeko suddenly took her hand and put it on her heart. Yumeko's cheeks turned completely red as she said, "(Y/N), do I ever get a chance to gamble against you? That would make me so happy..." Yumeko melted while holding (Y/N)'s hand. "Oh, Yumeko..." (Y/N) said. She put her other hand on Yumeko's cheek. "How can you gamble with me if you're already a housepet?~"