13. The gamble of Life and Future (part 2)

A/N: This chapter contains 3912 words.

Previously, on The Queen:

'Okay, I admit it... I underestimated this woman. She only bets for gambling, just like Yumeko Jabami. She is a gambling addict.'

"I'd like to be the dealer,"

Ririka stole something from (Y/N); the Vice President stole her bracelet. 

"Whatever happens, you have as much chance of losing everything you've ever built as I do..."

 "Immediately 100 million?"

"But I still think..." she continued,

"...that I'm going all in..."

**********

Silence. 

Chilly silence. 

Then, (Y/N)'s giggles.

"What's wrong, Kaede? You look pale..." she said. She looked happy, amused. Kaede looked at the girl in front of him in frustration. 'Why would she use everything in the first round?' he thought, not knowing if to expect more of these crazy stunts. (Y/N) now bet all her 40 chips and Kaede only 10 chips with his 1 chip as stake. "Kaede, do you want to raise?" the young man heard the Vice President say. It didn't take long for him to answer. "No. Let her have the right to choose." Ririka nodded and looked at (Y/N) who then said: "I choose stronger hand." The Vice President threw up her hands and pointed to the cards of both players. "Showdown!!" 

(Y/N) and Kaede threw their cards on the table. "Kaede has a high card and (Y/N) has..." The Vice President paused, "... a four-of-a-kind. (Y/N) wins." The audience began to cheer. Ryota and Itsuki both sighed with relief at the same time. 'A four-of-a-kind? I hadn't thought of that,' Kaede thought, brooding. He looked at his opponent with irritation, 'She knew I wouldn't go above her bet, especially in the first round. She wants to intimidate me...' The cards that the players had placed on the table were projected on the big screen. 

"Awesome!" Ryota said excitedly. "That gives her more space to play!" Lily looked at her master with relief. Mary noted that although Lily looked calm, she was still stressed. She got up and sat down between Ryota and Lily, where (Y/N) sat before. Mary put her hand on Lily's knee and whispered, "I know you're scared, you don't have to hide it. It's okay." Lily looked shyly at Mary. She wanted to say that she wasn't afraid, but very confident that (Y/N) would win. If she did, however, she would be lying.

Lily looked at Mary's hand on her knee and then into the girl's yellow eyes. "Thank you," she whispered softly. This was the first time Lily had not been intimidated by Mary. "We will go to the next round," the Vice President said as she handed the players new cards. The chips that Kaede lost were moved to (Y/N). "Hmm, what should I do now?" (Y/N) muttered as she looked at her cards, "At least with these 11 extra chips I can bet more..." 

Kaede turned his gaze from the girl to his cards. 'So, this is how you want to play?,' he thought, 'In this game, it's no use betting large amounts... As long as I always bet 1 more, I get the right to choose.' Kaede now only had 89 chips worth 890 million yen and (Y/N) had 51 chips worth 510 million yen. Runa was still on top, calm and enjoying the show. She knew that (Y/N) could turn everything around in a moment. She had seen that with her own eyes before. Ririka looked at both players while they both put in 1 chip as stake. "Anyone want to change cards?" the girl in the mask asked.