¹¹

*ੈ‧₊˚TRUTH OR DARE*ੈ‧₊˚

THE last thing you remembered was a bright light before there was a hard crash. You tried to open your eyes but they would only flutter. You could see blurs of people hovering over you, nurses and doctors. You heard one of their voices, "Car accident. Five teens. One dead and two others are critically injured."

Your heart skipped a beat from hearing one dead, "One dead." What scared you the most was not knowing who had died. Your heart started to race, attempting to speak up as you were being brought into the emergency room.

You tried to sit up to say, "W-what? One dead? Who is it?! Please tell me!" Yelling made you feel worse as your head was pounding. One of their nurses forced you back down and gave you anesthesia. You slowly felt yourself become drowsy before going back out of consciousness.

You eyes fluttered as you pried them open, seeing your mom sitting next to you with her head down on the bed. You spoke weakly, "Mom?," Her head jutted up at the sound of your voice. She jumped out of her seat and grabbed your hand, "Y/N! Are you okay? Well, of course you aren't but what were you thinking?!"

You turned your head away from being such a disappointment to her and yourself, "I'm sorry."

She sighed and shouted for the doctor, "She's awake!"

She continued to hold your hand until a doctor came in, "Oh good. You had us scared there." You cringed at the usual thing doctor's said as he walked up to you and stood beside your mom, "I'm just going to ask you a few questions if you're up to. Okay?"

You nodded, "Okay."

He looked over at your mom and asked, "Is it alright if you step out for a few seconds?"

At first, she shook her head out of worry for leaving your side but he managed to persuade her that nothing would happen to you with her being just outside the room, "Fine. I'll be waiting for you to call me back in." She let go of our hand before leaving a kiss on your forehead and left the room.

The doctor sighed, "Well, Ms. L/N, it seems you had traces of marijuana and alcohol in your system."

You shook your head and hid your face with your hands, "Yeah, I was careless. I was the one who suggested we drive to get milkshakes even though I knew we weren't sober-," You stopped your rant, remembering what you heard on your way to the emergency room, "Wait. Who's dead?"

His eyes widened and he bowed his head, "I was going to get to that shortly after these questions..."

You shouted at him, nervous and scared, "I don't care, just tell me!"

"Calm down, please. The nurse who made the call was mistaken. We're still questioning if we should keep him on the staff or not."

You sighed in relief until he added, "However, the driver is currently in a coma."

You gasped loudly, tears welling up. Not only did your stupid drunk decision risk the lives of other people you didn't even know and yourself but you put your best friend in danger. A coma only meant she was alive for now, "When can I see her?"

"After we run a few more tests on you."

You nodded and looked away, out the window as you prayed for your best friend's recovery. Before he left to call your mom back into the room, you blurted out, "Can you tell Reiner, Bertholdt, and Porco that I'm sorry?