¹⁴

.* TRUTH OR DARE

JEAN drove you to a park nearby, leaving his now clean car in the lot

JEAN drove you to a park nearby, leaving his now clean car in the lot. You were a little chilly and asked Jean if he had a jacket you could borrow for the time being, "Uh yeah, here." he grabbed it out of his car and wrapped it around your shoulders, "Thanks."

You were going to make sure to give it back to him so Eren wouldn't get the wrong idea about the two of you. You walked into the park, going along the lake that was in the middle. There were a few stars out and you looked up at them as you strolled the stone path. You weren't paying attention to how close you were to the water, which caused your foot to accidentally slip into the lake. Jean swiftly grabbed your arm so you wouldn't fall in.

You sighed, "Shit. Thank you," you said while taking off your wet shoe and letting the water fall out as you held it upside down. The sight of a bench made you limp over to it and sit down. You ranged out your sock and put your shoes back on, putting the jacket on once more.

You gazed at the lake, eyeing the ducks that were starting to surround it. The moonlight was  shining onto the water, making it glisten. It was so peaceful and heartwarming to look at after all the events during the past two days and a half. You had forgotten Jean was beside you when you closed your eyes and heard him exhale.

You imagined walking on the water, dancing in the moonlight. Corny, you knew that, but a girl can imagine whatever she wants. You actually would rather be in the presence of Eren and you felt shitty for it. You knew he wasn't that good for you, no matter how he used his words to convince you otherwise. Just as Eren was bad for you, you were bad for Jean. You opened your eyes and blurted out, "Jean, why did you like me?"

His eyes widened as he gazed at you, quickly turning his head away in embarrassment. His cheeks were as red as roses even in the dimmed light.

He was blushing. You laughed a little at the sight, covering your mouth to stifle it. He covered the lower half of his mouth and said, "It's not nice to laugh at people, Y/N."

You bursted out in laughter, hunching over and holding onto your knees, "I'm sorry-," your words were cut off by your water bottle laughter. You didn't even understand why you were laughing so much.

Jean started laughing along with you, shaking his head. He sighed and answered your earlier question, "Okay. I'll answer you. I loved your personality, even though I never personally got to know you I was able to know you pretty well from mutual friends. I liked your lazy style, it wasn't too girly, you know? And you were smart and quiet. I just — I just think you're gorgeous." You stopped laughing, clearing your throat as you stared at him.

The moonlight emitted light onto his face, making his brown eyes appear to be so much more dreamy. It also exposed the subtle redness on the tip of his nose. Your lips parted and he leaned close to kiss you but not before the sound of a duck quacking startling the both of you. You were about to make a mistake but a duck saved you.