[¹⁷]

.* TRUTH OR DARE

an: we will not speak of my month+ break🧘🏾‍♀️also when you see [#], the chapter contains smut!!!

THE SHOP was busy during your early shift given the fact that it was a hot and sunny afternoon and people were coming out of the woodworks for something to cool off with. You started working at around one o'clock in the afternoon without a break. You didn't mind doing that since you had been working for the past week and it's been fun so far. Plus you were being treated fairly well at work. Ms. Joanne and her husband started treating you like you were their second grandchild rather than an employee.

There were only a few more weeks until your college classes started. You weren't expecting to encounter any of the three boys who made it their mission to bombard you with their presence in your life, when you got to college. A blessing yet somehow a curse since one of them has you contemplating a good chunk of your life choices.

You shook the thoughts out your head and focused on the little girl in front of you at the register, handing her a scoop of ice cream on a cone, "Here you go. Enjoy!" There were a lot of people sitting down inside the shop but not too many that you couldn't pay attention to their faces. One guy came in and sat at a table, wearing a baseball cap and black sunglasses, scoping the place out like it was something fancy. He didn't bother to order or even greet you when he came in or when he left. You stopped staring at him when Ms. Joanne came from the backroom and talked with you, mentioning that ever since you started working here people had started crowding the place. She made a comment that there were people who probably found you attractive and that's why business was booming. You thought it was just a coincidence and instead, the reason was for the seasonal weather.

You worked for another five hours, serving milkshakes and ice cream. You finally decided to take your well deserved break and grabbed your own serving of vanilla ice cream with crushed oreos mixed in, putting it into a small cup. You were leaning on the counter with your back facing the door while you enjoyed the cold sweet treat, "God, my feet are killing me." Your shift was over in the next hour and the last person sitting at a table left already. The sun was going to set soon so you assumed that they were the last person you would see tonight.

Ms. Joanne's husband left to restock up on milk for the shakes, leaving you alone with her. She was in the back, managing the books or what not while you were outfront enjoying the work food. You heard the bell above the door, alerting you that there was yet another person.

"Who is getting ice cream so late?" you complained as if you weren't still on the clock. You placed your cup on the side and turned around to greet the person who had just put up their hood that hid their face. Their hands were hidden away in the pockets of the hoodie. You thought you were being paranoid by how creepy this person appeared to be.

You attempted to get a better view of their face but they lowered their head further and to the side. You cleared your throat and brushed it off, "Okayyy," then asked, "How can I help you?"

"One scoop of chocolate," his tone of voice was stern and weirdly deep, like he was faking it, "Cone or Cup?"

"Cup."

You walked over to the ice creams, sliding the door open to dig into the bin labeled CHOCOLATE. You were weary of him and looked up from scooping to see where his hands were placed, thankfully still in the pockets of his hoodie. You closed the door and walked back to the register. Goosebumps swarmed your arms. He was really giving you a bad feeling but you didn't want to alert Ms. Joanne just in case you were being paranoid.