¹⁸

.* TRUTH OR DARE

LISTEN TO ATTACHED SONG UNTIL THE BREAK
(PARKJIWOO - whisper)

HE held onto you like you'd be gone forever if he were to let go. You cried and cried for what felt like forever standing there on your porch. He detached himself from you, noticing you were looking down, ashamed to let him see your face.

He raised your chin, looking into your red puffy eyes. You sniffled and avoided his eye contact while he wiped your tears with his thumb, "Look at me, Y/N."

You peered up and saw his painful expression of seeing your saddened state. He suddenly got an idea and reached down to your side, grabbing your hand and pulling you behind him down the stairs. "Wait, where are we going?" you asked in a groggy tone since you were preventing any more tears from flowing out.

He brought you to the passenger door of his car, "Somewhere else. Just get in." He could sense your hesitation but after seeing the eagerness in his eyes, you didn't argue, "Okay." He had a half smile then grabbed the door handle. You rubbed your eyes to rid them of their previous wet state and used a tissue from the armrest compartment to wipe your nose.

He drove, stealing occasional glances with you until your eyes darted away in the direction of the window. He didn't want to burden you with talking, knowing that words didn't amount to actions. He eyed your hands tucked between your thighs to stay warm and mustered up the courage to reach for your hand rather than your thigh.

You were surprised, he saw that in the way your eyebrow slightly raised when you felt his hand grab yours. He understood why you thought of him the way you did now. He showed you sexual affection rather than real affection that you secretly craved. But the fact that you didn't pull your hand away gave him hope that his chance with you wasn't completely ruined.

The car stopped and you peered out the window to see you were at the park again. You turned away from the window to ask him why he brought you here again but he was already closing the driver's door and walking over to your side. He opened the door and stretched his arm out, "M'lady."

You gave him a short laugh and got out of the car, "Thanks." He tilted his head toward you then went to his trunk. You just stood there, rubbing your arms with your hands in an attempt to get warm. He came back to see that you were cold. As a caring gesture, he grabbed his jacket from the back seat and put it across your shoulders then handed you a sparkler, "Here you go."

He held his hand out. You stared at it briefly then grabbed a hold of it as you walked further into the park with him. Once you pushed past all the trees, you reached the reservoir. The sun had gone down already so it was dark out but the city lights and moon made the water glisten, giving you a little bit of light. The first firework went off and the popping sound reminded you of a gunshot. Your heart started racing uncontrollably. Eren was staring at the fireworks with a smile and looked over at your panic state, "Shit, Y/N. Are you okay?"

You had a hand over your chest to calm your breathing but when Eren grabbed your shoulder and you stared into his eyes, your heart started racing for another reason. The fireworks were mere background noise now and the only thing you were focusing on was him as the colorful lights shined on his face and went away, "I'm okay. Thank you."

"For what? I didn't do anything."

"For being here with me."

He let you go and reached for the lighter in his hand. You put his jacket on properly then held your sparkler up for him to light, "Make a wish."

You looked at the spark, looking through it at him, "That's corny."

A cocky smirk formed on his face, "So what?" You sighed as if you didn't want to do it but he knew you were just putting up a front to appear more nonchalant. You sighed in a fake attempt of being annoyed and made your wish right before the spark went out, as did he. You didn't expect an answer but you asked anyway, "What did you wish for?"