Chapter 20: Can you kiss me?

(Trigger Warnings: Alcohol)

(Catra)

    Catra had vowed to make tonight the night that Adora breaks. She wanted more than anything to push past these excuses and just take the blond for herself. This however was a dangerous mindset, because she too was extremely nervous about taking that next step. Her life had been full of disappointment after disappointment, and this recurring trend didn't seem like it was going to end anytime soon. Surprisingly though, Adora hadn't done anything to scare Catra off or even slightly disappoint her. Aside from some causal arguments over things that really didn't matter, the blond had been perfect. This though, is what was truly terrifying. If Adora wasn't going to be the one to fuck this up for her, then Catra herself would ultimately ruin whatever it is the two girls have. She had to shake the doubt out of her mind, it was showtime.

Catra knew these goody two shoes kids wouldn't know how to throw an actual party, so she called in a few favors. Booze would be arriving shortly as long as DT was actually able to hold up to their word. With Booze, there's a wonderful excuse for any of the outrageous things Catra planned to do tonight. Liquid courage? She assumed that's gotta be right. She wasn't just trying to get Adora drunk to fuck her, that wasn't th goal here. She just wanted to break up the tension a little bit, maybe she'd be able to express her feelings a little more if she was a bit tipsy. That's the plan, sexually frustrate Adora all night, get her a little bit tipsy, then confess. Nope. not the confess part. Feelings are difficult. The feline was broken out of her internal struggles by Bow's shrill voice cracks.

"We invited EVERYONE from Brightmoon High!" The excited boy exclaimed to his friends (and to Catra).

"Awesome, do you want a gold star or something?"

"Catra, you don't always have to be mean." The blond smiled, her face still a light red. The little conversation between the two girls had clearly gotten to her. Adora was on sexual alert, eyes attuned to every little movement the feline made.

"Being nice is so... eww." She winked, causing Bow to glance awkwardly between the two of them.

"We told people to show up whenever they wanted, So i'm going to assume we'll start seeing people any minute." Glimmer walked up in between Catra's line of sight, breaking her previously riveting eye contact with the tall blond stud.

Just as Catra was about to say some type of snotty remark, her phone started ringing, obviously her ringtone was something off of an old alternative rock playlist that the other three had never heard in their lives. The Pretty Reckless 'Heaven Knows'. Fitting for the way the feline had gone through most of her life. She answered.

"Hey."

"Kitten, I'm pulling up with the booze you wanted. This is where you're living now? Much better than the dump your parents had." Double Trouble was one of Catra's oldest friends. They knew each other years ago before the foster care, before all the moving. They knew each other back when Catra was scared to go home. The good old bad days.

"Just pull up DT, I'll open the door for you."

"Who's DT?" Adora asked, genuinely wondering. In the past few months that Catra had lived here, she had never really told her new sister much about her old life. Probably for the best.

"They're an old friend of mine. I called them up to make this a real party." The devilish grin had returned. The door opened, a few people were already coming into the house. The Neko girl knew that Adora wasn't about to back out of her first high school party. Especially with it being thrown at her house. The trap was set. Now it was time to wait.

A little time passed and the party seemed to be off to a pretty good start. As Catra scanned the room she could see a few of her friends from school, along with a bunch of people she'd never spoken to in her entire life. To her surprise, there were actually quite a lot of people that showed up. I guess the principal's daughter was kinda popular. Basically the school's princess even. Some pop song was blaring over television speakers, something Catra had never heard before but it got the right mood going.