Chapter 9: Too.. Close?

(Short Fluff Chapter)

(Adora)

    Catra had been acting really weird the past few days and Adora had taken complete notice. Maybe she was sick? The blond girl was so confused. Catra usually tried to avoid her most of the time but for the past week she'd almost been glued to the girl. Everywhere she was, Catra would magically show up. Sometimes the feline would stutter, or blush and it was so unlike her usual self. Adora was taking this time to get closer to her foster sister. If Catra actually wanted to be around her for some reason, she decided now was a good time to actually get to know the girl.

    The two of them were laying down in their room sometime around eight or nine at night, Adora was playing "Episode" on her phone. She had just chosen to kiss the cute punk girl she was falling for in the phone game when she realized Catra was watching her play. Their beds were only a small gap apart so when Catra looked over she had a perfect view of Adora's phone.

    "Kissing girls huh?" The feline smirked in the darkness of the room. Adora felt herself blush but was sure the dark room hid her face well. She wasn't gay.. But why did her stomach knot up?

"It's just a game Catra, don't start making fun of me." The taller girl said as she locked her phone.

"I wouldn't judge. You like what you like" The feline giggled.

"Ohh yeah? You? Queen of picking on me?" Adora scoffed as she pulled her covers up.

"You worried I'll tell the school you like girls?" Catra smiled wide and Adora could see the feline eyes light up in the dark. Terrifying yet oddly attractive. Catra's eyes were gorgeous, the mismatched colors each beautiful in their own way.

"I never said I liked girls... it's a game Catra" She said, caught up in the smaller girls eyes. Her heart was thumping, nervous? Maybe?

"Listen.. I'm not going to make fun of you. Honestly, I like girls too.." Catra breathed out no longer seeming in control, more looking damaged or scared. What a quick swap. Adora was stunned by the words her foster sister had just spoken.

"Really?" was all she could get out, not malicious but with genuine curiosity.

"Yeah... I." Adora could hear the other girls breathing hitch and become heavy.

"Catra it's alright. You can talk to me." The taller girl shifted over and sat down on the side of the feline's bed.

"Adora wait."  Catra said, putting her hands up quickly almost as if to put space between them. She backed herself up to her headboard, face red and breathing heavy.

"Catra whats wrong?" The blond girl shifted closer so she was barely a few inches away from the neko.

"Too... close." Catra was breathing really heavy now. Her mismatched eyes piercing into Adora's blue ones. Once again Adora quickly felt like prey.

"Sorry.... I didn't mean.." Adora was cut off.

"No no no, you didn't do anything wrong I just..." The feline looked extremely embarrassed. Adora noticed a gentle and soft object stroking her arm. She looked down to notice Catra's tail gently wrapping itself around her forearm. Adora instinctively reached over and pet part of the feline's tail. Catra gasped audibly as her face turned bright red. The neko's tail immediately retracted.

"Holy fuck..." Catra whispered very breathy.

"Sorry! Sorry!" Adora freaked out, standing up off of the bed.

"No... It's.... My tail is really.. Really, sensitive." The girl looked away extremely embarrassed. Adora looked confused. What did she mean her tail was.... OHHH.

The blond cupped her hands around her mouth in shock. Her face felt like it was on fire, her head was rushing. The gasping face Catra had made was forever burned into Adora's brain, and it was way too attractive.  Adora was now standing a few feet from Catra's bed. The neko's ears were down, she looked defeated now.

"You must think i'm some kind of freak now huh? Touching my tail turns me on.. Yep, total fucking weirdo." Catra said before running one hand through her hair.

"What? No, of course not." Adora rushed back over to the bed. She was careful to put a little bit of distance between the two girls when she sat down.

"Look, you're so nervous now that you sat on the other side of my fucking bed." She pointed out before wiping her face with her sleeve. Immediately Adora closed the distance between the two girls and pulled Catra into a warm hug. She felt the smaller girl freeze in place for a moment before reciprocating the hug. Adora felt the smaller girl bury her face into her shoulder. Catra's hands were gripping hard onto Adora's nightshirt. Something was making Catra extremely emotional this week. The girl was now silently crying into the blonds shoulder, but Adora didn't mind. She was happy Catra would finally get to let some emotions out instead of bottle it all in. She leaned back and found herself on Catra's pillow. She was comfortable, really comfortable. She felt the feline's warmth pressed up against her, shoulder wet from tears.

"Sleep well." Adora said as she stroked the smaller girl's hair.