Chapter 3: Study Hall?

(Adora)

    Adora suffered through her boring classes. At least it was Friday, and having study hall the last period of her day was a perfect way to end the week. Brightmoon high allowed students that owned a car (or had a ride home) to leave the school early on days where study hall was their last period of the day. Adora gathered her things and almost headed out the door until she remembered.

    "Catra.." Adora had almost forgotten that her foster sister had the same study hall with her. Catra would usually go missing from the lunchroom during study hall or sit on the opposite side of the room from Adora so most of the time it seemed like she wasn't even there. Adora walked downstairs to the lunchroom to see Catra sitting at one of the tables... with the school principal. Ohh boy.

    "Principal Angella, hey!" Adora said walking over to the surprising duo.

    "Hey Adora, do you mind waiting over at the other table for a second." Principal Angella said with a loving smile. Adora nodded and sat one table away from them. What could they be talking about? Catra looks completely shutdown. Adora wondered what had made the Neko girl so upset, maybe she was in trouble?

    Principal Angella rubbed Catra's shoulder to which the feline flinched slightly. Soon the Principal was standing and walked over to Adora.

    "Did you need something sweetie?" Angella was basically like Adora's second mom for the past few years that Glimmer had been her best friend.

    "Actually, I was just going to take Catra home if that's okay." Adora said smiling ear to ear.

"Ohh I didn't know you two were friends, do her parents know that you're going to bring her home?" Angella could tell by the look on Adora's face that she wasn't understanding something.

"Actually, my mom took Catra in last week.. She's my foster sister." Adora said with a slight confused giggle.

"Oh, of course you can take her home then. I guess I didn't put that together because your mother never comes to the parent, teacher, conferences." Angella said with a raised brow.

"I know, I know, I'll try to get her over to one soon. I swear!" Adora pleaded with the Principal, just trying to escape school at this point. These were some of the only days she'd have to rest because Rugby practice started next week. She also hadn't gone to her gym in about a week as she's been trying to deal with the whole new sister situation.

"Alright, well have a good night you two." Angella closed out their conversation before sitting at the little desk in the lunchroom. She must have been the study hall monitor today.

"Catra come on, let me drive you home." Adora spoke with a smirk, beckoning her new feline sister up from the table. Catra looked confused but stood up and met Adora in the center of the lunchroom.

"We're leaving early?" The feline girl asked with a confused tilt to her head.

"Yeah, we're allowed to go home if I drive you. It'll be like this all year when we have study hall last period." Adora explained. Catra's face lit up for an almost unnoticeable second before she started walking with the taller blond girl.

"Thank god, I'm so done with this fuckin place today." Catra's words weren't the perfect choice while walking past the school principal, but Adora gave Angella an "I'm sorry" glance that had the principal just shake her head at the duo.

Catra stayed basically silent the whole car ride, occasionally tapping one of her claws on the glass window. Nothing too hard and not causing any scratches, just enough to give a little ting sound. The two girls entered their house to realize that Mrs. Razz wasn't home. Probably at work but you honestly never know with her. They both walked to the staircase at the same time and bumped their arms together.

"Sorry" Adora said, however it was Catra that backed up and waited for the taller girl to go first. Once up the stairs, Adora sprawled out on her bed and let out a satisfied grunt before closing her eyes. She suddenly felt a pillow land on her face and instantly jumped up from the bed flailing her arms. She looked over to see Catra cackling on the couch, completely curled up with her hands on her stomach.

"What was that for?" Adora couldn't be mad, it was the first time she'd seen the feline laugh. Catra's smile was absolutely breathtaking, the blond girl couldn't help but stare as her sisters laughing subsided to a gentle grin.

"You looked way too comfortable up there, I had to do something." She let out a small laugh but held back from exploding again.

"My bed is really comfy, come on, try it out." the taller girl stood up and gestured to her bed for Catra to lay down. The other girl's grin disappeared and she looked almost as confused as when Adora had started giving her clothes. She did stand up from the couch and walk over to Adora's bed.

"Are you sure?" She said with a weak grin.

"Catra, I'm just letting you test my bed. It's not a big thing." Adora giggled, the Neko girl was weird about other people's things, that's for sure. However she did slowly climb onto the bed and lay in the middle. Adora could see the girls eyes flutter almost as if she had instantly felt tired. It was adorable. One of Catra's pointed teeth popped delicately over her bottom lip and rested there. She looked peaceful.

"You can take a nap on my bed if you want." Adora giggled out, sitting on the edge of the mattress. Catra immediately panicked at the kind words and jumped up out of the bed, she backed up into the middle of the room and looked at the ground to avoid eye contact with Adora.

"I'm fine, you don't need to pity me." Her voice had a little bit of venom behind it this time. Her ears were low, pointed down towards the ground.

"What?" Adora couldn't process the situation fast enough as the feline retreated out of the room and down the stairs. This left the blond girl alone, sitting on her mattress, confused why her new sister just rushed downstairs. Then Adora heard the front door open and shut. Hard. Now she left the house too? All Adora's done since Catra showed up in her life was show her kindness, why was she always so standoffish?

"Uhhh, why." The tall blond slumped down on her bed and pulled out her phone. She realized she didn't even have Catra's phone number. Did her sister even have a phone? She really didn't know anything about the smaller girl other than, she's prone to getting into trouble. Adora stood up and ran downstairs, making sure she had her keys on her before exiting her house. She ran right over to her Jeep and hopped inside. It had only been a few minutes since Catra had left the house so she was pretty easy to find about a quarter mile down the road. She was walking with her chest puffed out and head constantly on a swivel. Adora pulled the Jeep up alongside her and slowed to Carta's walking speed before rolling down the window.

"I'm sorry, I don't know what I did if I'm being honest, but I am sorry. Please get in." Adora said to which she was completely ignored.

"I said please, I would have called you instead but I don't have your number." She continued, this time receiving an answer.

"It's hard to have a number when you don't have a phone." Catra said blankly.

"Yeah alright." Adora was lost for words, she did plan on going to train at her martial arts gym today, maybe Catra would want to come spar with her or something? Did she ever do anything like that?

"If you're this mad at me, I was going to spar today... maybe you'd want to be my partner?" Adora said to which Catra stopped in her tracks. She turned her head to look directly into the blond girls eyes. Those mismatched colors staring into Adora's soul.

"Okay, I'll bite." Catra said, her tail starting to sway before she hopped into the passenger seat. Adora glanced at her for a moment before her sister rolled her eyes and buckled her seatbelt. The two of them drove home again in a more comfortable silence.