Chapter 11: Catra Wouldn't?

(Adora)

    "Catra what the hell is going on?" Adora yelled as the Feline pulled her back inside.

    "Get back in here. Fuck Fuck. Tung why are there cops on your street?" Catra turned and yelled back to the snakeman who was now stuffing bags of pot into various hiding places around the room.

    "I don't know. It's fine, they probably aren't here for us." He said glancing out the window. Catra moved over to the window just in time to notice multiple squad cars park outside Tungs house.

    "Fuck fuck fuck." She spoke out loud.

    "What is going on Catra!" Adora yelled before being dragged into the kitchen by the smaller girl.

    "Hurry, out the back door." The feline said, sliding her hand down to Adora's and continuing to move farther back into the house.

    The two girls barged out the back door and into a line of police officers that waited in the backyard. Their guns were drawn and they were screaming commands that Adora couldn't understand. She felt like time was slow, all the yelling was muffled. She was scared. Suddenly she was pulled back into reality when she felt the grip on her hand tighten. Adora glanced down to the shorter girl.

    "Lay down Adora, everything is going to be fine." Catra spoke softly, her thumb rubbing the back of Adora's hand. The two girls laid down on the ground and allowed the police to enter the building. Two officers cuffed the girls and began to get them out of the yard, towards the patrol cars.

    The ride down to the station was quiet. Catra and Adora sat next to each other, handcuffed in the back of a police car. The only thing they exchanged were uncomfortable glances, until Adora reached her hand over Catras. The feline's ears perked up and she began to calm down a little.

    Once they were at the station, the two girls were separated to speak with the police.

    "Okay kiddo, why were you at the Lashor house" The police officer talking was tall and pretty gruff looking but his voice was soft, comforting to Adora.

"I uhh.." She didn't want to say Catra took her there but she also didn't want to lie.

"My sister's friends with Tung. The kid that lives there." She said, nervous on how the officer would react.

"Okay, Your mother has been called and she's on the way to come get you. I just have a couple more questions for you and then you're free to go alright?" He said as he flipped a few pages on his clipboard. 

"Your sister, she doesn't look anything like you. Step sister?" He said taking the cap off his pen and putting it on the paper.

"She's my foster sister." The blond let out.

"Alright.... One second." He called one of the other cops over.

"The other one's a Foster kid." He said to which his partner nodded and walked away.

"Now, did you see Mr. Lashor anywhere at the house or just his son Tung?" The question seemed odd to Adora, weren't they there because of the weed?

"No, just his son.... Why?" She was curious now.

"How about any other older snakemen?" He asked.

"It was just the three of us in the house, I didn't see anyone else." Adora said now less nervous and more confused.

"You said your sister was friends with Tung, is she part of their gang activity?" Adora was extremely surprised.

"Gang? What.... No way, Catra wouldn't" her surprise was easily detectable in her voice.

"I mean, she's a little troubled yeah.. But there's no way she'd join a gang. I swear" Adora continued.

"Move out of the way! Let me see Mara!" Mrs. Razz could be heard pushing past police officers and making her way over to the blond girl.

"Mara Dearie.. Are you alright?" The old woman placed her hand on Adora's cheek.

"I'm okay mom, can you just check on Catra please? They separated us." The tall girl smiled at Razz's touch.

"We're leaving dearie. Come on." The old woman ushered Adora to stand and waved off the police officer who was still awkwardly holding his clipboard.

"I still have a few more.." He began.

"Razzle Dazzle!" The old woman grabbed Adora's wrist and began running out of the room.

"Or I guess you're free to go.." The officer said to himself as he watched the duo leave.

When Adora and Mrs. Razz found Catra, the girl was sitting in a folding metal chair that the officer she was talking to had placed against his desk. She was picking at her claws and her ears were almost straight down towards the ground. She looked miserable.

"Hey... Catra." Adora spoke, the feline turned her head just enough to look at the speaking girl.

"Hey.. Adora." She almost whimpered out.

"They're putting Mrs. Razz on some type of watch to make sure her home is safe for me to stay at." Catra looked defeated as she spoke.

"Ohhh Sweetie, Come here" Mrs. Razz said as she pulled Catra into a tight hug. The Neko girl's eyes snapped open in her surprise. She looked uncomfortably at Adora but gave in and reached her hands around the old woman's back.

"No matter what they say, they won't take you from me. Adora would miss you too much!" Razz laughed as she gestured to the blond whose face was now brushed with a light shade of pink.

"Come on, we're all going home." Razz said before releasing the feline from her death grip of a hug.

The three of them walked out of the station together.