Chapter 13: Sleepover?

(Adora)

    Something In Adora felt like butterflies were loose in her stomach. When she woke up, her face buried in Catra's hair, she felt alive. The smaller girl was wrapped up in her arms, facing inward, Adora could feel Catra's hands gripping tightly onto her shirt. It was adorable, she was gripping so tight in her sleep, something in Catra's body was holding onto Adora for dear life. The blond tightened her hold on the feline and felt her own cheeks light up. Thoughts about placing a kiss on the smaller girl's forehead circled Adora's mind.

    "Why not.." Adora whispered to herself as she listened to Catra's short breaths. The blond leaned down ever so slightly and pressed her lips to the sleeping girls forehead. Immediately Catra's body tensed up, her grip on Adora's shirt tightened. When Adora pulled her face away, Catra was staring up into her eyes, face bright red.

    "Adora.... Did you just kiss my head...." Catra whispered, struggling and trying her best not to stutter.

    "Hmmm. You mean like this?" Adora giggled to herself before once again pressing a gentle kiss on Catra's forehead. The feline had gone from small gentle breaths to now breathing so heavy that Adora could feel the girl's breath on her lips. If this was in one of those Episode stories on her phone, there would totally be an option that popped up to kiss Catra right now. However life wasn't like those random games Adora played on her phone. At least she tried to tell herself that. She couldn't shake the want to just press a kiss on the feline's lips. Catra was bright red, cuddled against her, it was cute. So cute that Adora didn't want this to ever end. Meeting Catra's friends was a complete failure that ended up at the police station, but maybe she could invite Catra to hang out at Glimmers house tonight. The best friends squad was having a sleepover and after these past two nights, Adora couldn't imagine trying to sleep without Catra right there.

    "Catra?" The blond tried her best to break the feline out of her trance.

    "Yeah.. Adora?" She was still clearly struggling.

    "Come with me to a sleepover at Glimmers tonight?" She phrased it more as a statement than a question. The Neko paused for a second and looked away from her blond cuddle buddy.

    "You think Sparkles will let me over her house after I crashed your last slumber party?" Catra spoke quietly, Adora might even think maybe she was regretful about the fit she threw last time.

    "I'll vouch for you, It'll be fineeeee." The blond chuckled, remembering Bow's face as he laid there under the couch.

    "Sure.. I dragged you somewhere yesterday... Only fair you drag me somewhere today." Catra now sounded more confident and teasing Adora.

    "How about we stay like this for a little bit longer? I'm still pretty tired after yesterday.." Catra spoke, pushing her fingers through her hair and avoiding eye contact with the blond.

    "Yeah, me too." Adora smiled as she gripped the feline tight. She could feel Catra relax into her arms. This feeling, Adora never wanted it to go away.

    The two girls soon had to get up and get ready to go over Glimmers house. They needed to bring all of their school stuff as they'd be heading there straight from Glimmers place tomorrow morning. Soon the two girls soon found themselves hopping into Aodra's Jeep. Once again before Adora could even glance in Catra's direction, she heard the seatbelt click. This brought a smile to the blond girls lips. She knew Catra actually wanted to be her with her.

Glimmer didn't live far away, but her house was massive. Her mother was the school principal, and the money that her Father left made it more than easy to maintain a wealthier lifestyle.

"What is she, some kind of princess?" Catra said as the two pulled up to the Mansion. 

"Be nice, remember? Best behavior.... Or... someone else's best behavior." Adora grinned at her foster sister. All she received in return was a stuck out tongue. Adora reached out and pressed the doorbell. Even that was intricate. A small musical number played as the two could hear someone sliding down the staircase railing.

"Coming!" The pink haired girl yelled from the other side of the door. When she opened it, her face was confused."

"Uhhhh.... Adora? Is Catra dropping you off or?" Glimmer said looking between the two of them.

"Soooo, don't freak out. I kinda, maybe, invited her to the best friends squad sleepover." Adora winced as if she was about to receive a smack to the head.

"Ohhh.... Well sure. Hey Catra." The pink haired girl opened the door to let her guests in.

"Sup Sparkles." Catra waved as she entered the Mansion. Glimmer opened her eyes wide.

"Sparkles... how.. original ." Glimmer spoke through gritted teeth.

"I thought I said best behavior." Adora whispered to the feline as Catra shrugged in return.

"We'll all stay in my room tonight, you guys can leave your bags here." The pink haired girl gestured to a large storage chest outside her bedroom door. Adora had already been here many times, so she opened it right up to drop off her and Catra's things.

The trio heard the doorbell music playing again.

"Ohh! Bows here!" Glimmer yelled before sprinting out of the room and hopping on the staircase railing once again.

Looking over the room, it was beautiful. There was one queen sized bed, along with a bunk bed that Catra assumed was for friends when they stayed over.

"Adora... there's only three beds." Catra pointed them out like she was counting for the first time.

"Yeah... I figured we only needed one." This time Adora seemed less confident.

"Ohh.." The feline's face again betraying her as a blush filled her cheeks. The two were in a comfortable silence for a few seconds before Glimmer returned, Bow in tow.

"Ahhh!" Bow screamed when he saw Catra and immediately hid behind Glimmer.

"Get the Demon Cat away from me!" Bow was always a little dramatic.

"No no no, Bow, she's being good now. Right Catra?" Adora said gesturing to her foster sister.

"What?" Catra said confused before immediately being elbowed by Adora.

"Ohh yeah... totally good. Great even. Yep." She said as unconvincingly as possible.

"Hey.. Glimmer, can I talk to you alone for a second?" Adora said heading to the doorway.

"Uhh.. sure. Good luck Bow." Glimmer said before walking out into the hallway with her blond best friend. The two were alone in the hallway and Adora completely dropped her guard.

"How do you know when you like someone?" She asked. Glimmers eyes widened.

"Holy shit, Adora do you finally have a crush?" She whispered as enthusiastically as possible. Adora just glanced uncomfortable at the bedroom doorway.  Glimmer followed her eyes, beginning to glance between Adora and the bedroom door before it finally clicked.

"No way.... Catra?"