Chapter 1: Sisters?

(Adora)

Adora woke to the sound of rhythmic beeping. Her alarm was going off at exactly five thirty in the morning. She reached her hand up and a gentle clunk sound could be heard as she pushed down the button to reset the alarm for tomorrow morning.

"Ahhh" She let out a raspy grunt as she stretched her arms behind her back while sitting up in bed. Pulling the covers off herself and sliding out of bed, Adora began making her way into her bathroom. Looking in the mirror she stripped out of her blue nightshirt and the boyshort panties she wore to bed. The showerhead hissed as the water began trickling over the plastic of her bathtub. First day of Junior year? Easy. She'd become confident with Brightmoon High and she'd come to love her friends that she'd meet ever since she moved here in eighth grade. Not only was she on the womens rugby team but she was also the women's featherweight champion at her martial arts gym. Adora practically secreted confidence. The water running down her body felt heavenly, especially this early in the morning. Pushing her fingers through her hair as the last of her shampoo fell to the bathtub below, she decided to turn the water off.

What to wear? That's basically the only question in her mind, she finally ended up choosing a white tee and ripped jeans. Classic, simple, and so Adora.

"Dearie?" She heard her mother call out to her. Mrs. Razz wasn't always the easiest woman to understand but Adora loved her anyway. She'd been her adoptive mother since Adora was practically a newborn. Mrs. Razz was probably more around a grandmother's age, but that was because she had already had a daughter before adopting Adora. Mara, the sister Adora never got to meet. Mara died in a car accident when she was in highschool. A drunk driver in a semi truck. Mrs. Razz never really recovered from her daughter's death and would often slip up, calling Adora by Mara's name. Adora never really minded, she'd usually just answer anyway. She often dreamed of meeting Mara, wondering what her older sister would have been like.

"Yeah mom?" Adora yelled downstairs as she finished putting on her black boots.

"Come down here, I need to talk to you." Mrs. Razz spoke from the bottom of the steps. The front door closed, telling Adora her mom had just got back from working the night shift. She was a Foster Care Social Worker. Sometimes she stays with the kids overnight to make sure that they don't feel so alone their first night with their new foster family.

When Adora walked downstairs, she was extremely surprised to see a Neko girl standing right next to her mother. The girl had to be about Adora's age and had very sharp features. She wore a red checkered flannel that was torn at the shoulder with a tight black tank underneath, black jeans ripped to absolute shreds as well as high top converse. The girl glanced in Adora's direction just quick enough to reveal her eyes were two different colors. One a clear blue, the other a beautiful Amber. Adora felt her breath hitch as this mystery Neko girl's eyes quickly glanced away. It's not unusual to see a Faunus around Brightmoon, there were quite a few of them, but this one caused Adora to lose all focus.

"Adora, Catra. Catra, Adora." Mrs. Razz spoke punctually, gesturing between the two girls before walking towards the kitchen.

"Uhh.. Hi. I'm Adora" She spoke as her hand reached out, just to be completely ignored by the girl standing in front of her. She didn't even look up at Adora, she was just staring at the floor. Adora caught something moving out of the corner of her eye. Oh my god she even had a tail. Catra's tail was swaying side to side gently until she noticed Adora following it. Immediately her tail stuck out straight behind her and Catra arched her shoulders.

"Whatever" She said before pushing past Adora and walking upstairs. Who was this girl? Adora strolled over to the kitchen to see her mother had begun cooking breakfast.