Chapter 4: Harder?

(Trigger Warning - Mentions of Self Harm)

(Catra)

After borrowing some old gym clothes from Adora, the two girls drove over to Adora's Martial arts gym "The Rebellion". Catra walked right inside to see who she assumed was Adora's trainer who was already starting the class with some of the younger kids. Adora gave a subtle wave to the woman and walked Catra over to the locker room.

"This place is pretty big" The feline said, putting her school bag into one of the lockers and beginning to change into the spandex shorts Adora had given her. They fit pretty nicely since her sister had grown out of them about two years ago. She was already wearing her compression shirt under her tee so she changed pretty quickly. Her compression shirt was long sleeved, she felt comfortable in it because it covered up all her scars, scars she really didn't want Adora to ask about.

Catra stood by the door while Adora finished changing. Unlike the Neko girl, Adora was changing into a sports bra. Catra admired the girls bare back that was facing her, she was very muscular. Her pale skin was tone and still sliming at the waist. She looked like one of those professional fighters you'd see in the UFC. Catra felt her teeth graze across her bottom lip and she realized there was a feeling boiling in her lower stomach. Adora was fucking hot, thats for sure. Probably straight as an arrow, but attractive nonetheless.

"Long sleeves?" Adora questioned as she walked over to the door to meet her foster sister.

"Yeah, easier to slide out of submissions that way." Catra lied, she just had to say something so the taller girl wouldn't push the topic.

"Sure, we'll see." Adora giggled as the two girls made their way over to what looked like a standard boxing ring.

"They're using the octagon for an actual match right now, but we can spar here just fine." Adora said before going under the top rope and entering the ring. She threw a few practice punches after wrapping her hands and sliding on grappling gloves. She handed a pair over to Catra along with a padded helmet. Adora helped her wrap her hands up before putting on a padded helmet of her own. Catra smirked at the helmet.

"You really want to wear these?" She said, continuing her mischievous smile.

"Well I don't want to actually hurt you Catra, and from the way I had to wrap your hands, I could tell you've never done this before." Adora said matter of factly. In all honesty, Catra knew how to wrap her hands up, this was part of her mind game. She was obviously about thirty pounds lighter than Adora, so if she was going to win this thing, It would be because Adora was too cocky and fought recklessly. Catra was trying to play so hard into that.

"Of course, I wouldn't want all those big, strong, muscles to knock me out would I?" Catra said, patronizing the taller girl completely. She slipped into the helmet and went to her corner. The truth is, Catra used to go to a gym back when she was with her real mother. She'd sold drugs to afford the gym fees, honestly she was just trying to get strong enough to fight back against the abuse she'd get every second she was home. She wouldn't tell Adora that though, she wouldn't tell anybody that.

"Okay, we'll meet in the middle. Touch gloves, then we start, okay?" The blond girl said, starting to step towards the middle of the ring. Catra mimicked her movements and soon the two girls were in the center of the ring. Adora reached her right hand out to touch gloves, and still had her left hand lowered to her chest. Catra smiled, perfect. The girl wasn't keeping her hands up, she was being cocky.

Instead of touching gloves, Catra swung a massive right hook throwing all of her weight into it. She caught Adora just below the eye, right across the jawline. The taller girl stumbled back and the feline advanced. What she wasn't ready for though was how quickly Adora had recovered. She now had this glint in her eyes that was both terrifying and extremely attractive at the same time. Fuck. Catra tried to throw out a jab to keep Adora at a distance but the girl ducked under. It all happened so quickly, Catra felt her feet leave the ground and her stomach lay across Adora's shoulder before being brutally slammed to the mat. However Catra was used to trying to fight people bigger than her all of her life and she could take some punishment. She had already pushed up, using the ropes to help her stand against her sister's constant pressure on her legs that tried to keep her down. The two girls then clenched up as they fought for a dominant standing position. This was not where Catra wanted to be, she noticed quickly that Adora was significantly stronger than she was. Catra managed to break away from the clench and threw another jab which this time landed in the center of Adora's face. The taller girl backstepped but barely even looked fazed. There was a one hundred percent chance of Catra losing this, at this point she just wanted to hold out a little while and prove to Adora that she wasn't helpless. That she didn't need her pity. She noticed that Adora wasn't actually throwing any punches, just grappling with her. Did she really think Catra couldn't handle herself enough to actually throw a fucking hit? She felt anger boil up inside her. She was furious.

"Fucking hit me Adora!" The feline girl yelled out as she sprawled on another takedown attempt.

The blond must have realized that Catra wanted a real fight because she threw a jab almost instantly that snapped Catra's head back. She's still holding back. Did she think Catra was weak or something? The Neko girl was absolutely fuming.

"Harder, don't hold back!" She yelled out as she landed a huge uppercut that knocked the blond girl back a couple steps. Just as she went to close the distance, she saw Adora sidestep her punch and then there was darkness.

When Catra woke up, she had a hand gently caressing her face. She opened her eyes and was Adora's face right above hers.

She realized the taller girl must have taken her helmet off because she didn't feel it on her head anymore.

"Hey, Adora." She breathed out and the blond girl smiled.

"She's okay, lighthope you don't need to call the med staff." Adora spoke looking away from the girl laying on the mat.

"You actually hit me." Catra said coughing in a laugh.

"Well yeah, you told me to." Adora looked concerned but she had a little smile on her face. Catra felt the blond girl's thumb making small motions across her cheekbone.

"How do you feel?" She asked as their eyes locked.

"I feel like I just got knocked out." the feline girl said before grabbing onto the bottom rope and helping herself up. She felt Adora's hand release her cheek as the two girls turned to see quite a few of the kids had been watching their little sparring match.

"I think that's enough training for today. Do you want to shower here or at home? I'll have to check and make sure you don't have a concussion when we get home." Adora asked as the girls were getting their things from the locker room.

"Home." Catra said quietly. She was busy thinking about how Adora actually hit her with full force. This girl was strong, but she had actually listened to Catra and didn't try to reason with her, she didn't try to treat her like she wasn't capable. Adore just genuinely didn't want to hurt her at first. This train of thought continued through the entire car ride home. It was only broken when the driver's side door of the car opened and Catra realized they were home.

Inside the house, Catra showered first, the entire time the water dripped down her skin she thought about how the girl sitting in the other room actually seemed to care about her. Catra could still feel the warmth of Adora's hand on her face almost like it was still there. She caught herself smiling at the thought and shook her head out. What the fuck is going on? Why was this girl so kind? She gave Catra an entire wardrobe, drove out to come looking for her, offered to let Catra nap in her bed, she didn't tattle on her for stealing, and she caressed her face to make sure she was alright. Catra turned the water off and dried herself off. She slipped into shorts and a long sleeve black thermal. She wasn't wearing a bra, but she assumed she wasn't leaving the house again today.

"Your turn" The feline said, walking out into Adora's room and watching the blond nod before entering the bathroom door. Once she heard the water running again, the faunus girl glanced over to Adora's bed. She was exhausted and that couch did kinda suck. She assumed Adora wouldn't mind if she just laid down for a second, after all, she was given permission today. The foam of the bed felt firm at first, but quickly morphed to Catra's body. It felt heavenly, basically the most comfortable thing she's ever laid on. Before the foster care, she used to sleep on a spring filled mattress that was on the floor of her room. She was used to that for the first thirteen or so years of her life. She never really had her own room with any of the foster families either because she was usually back in the system within a week or so. Slowly her mind stopped trailing about the past. This bed smelled like Adora, she smelled sweet and it lulled Catra into a feeling of security. She slipped into a comfortable sleep.