Chapter 18: Cold?

(Adora)

    It had been a few weeks since Adora had pushed one of their little "practice" sessions far enough to have her feline companion begging. All she could think about was Catra, and everytime she saw the feline's neck still caressed with the marks that she'd left much more recently, it made her smile. To Adora, it felt like those markings meant that Catra was hers. She loved thinning like that. There was no denying that she was gay, everything in her head was screaming to kiss the neko girl basically all hours of the day. Adora found herself absolutely infatuated with all parts of Catra that she'd seen. Her eyes, her skin, her hair.... Even the girls' various scars that were strewn across her arms and thighs were beautiful to Adora. Obviously she never wanted Catra to go through that kind of pain again, but she was attracted to Catra the way she was.

Adora sat up in bed, she had been lounging in her room after a decently long school day just waiting for Catra to come home. It was strange, usually they'd drive everywhere together and they were now in December so there was no way the feline would be walking around in the cold.... Actually, Adora wouldn't put it past her.

Adora's head popped up as she finally heard the front door of the house open. The whistle of winter air leaking into the warm household.

"Catra?" The blond girl yelled from her upright position in bed, hoping to hear Catra's alluring voice call back from downstairs. There was a little bit of rustling, then the sound of light footsteps coming up the stairs. A shivering Catra appeared in the doorway, no coat to be seen around her body, gold checkered flannel wet with melting snow.

"Hey Adora... it's cold" She gave a weak smile as she plummeted head first into Adoras lap.

"Hey Catra." Adora smiled. The girl she was longing to touch all day, just rested her head down into her lap. Yes. one hundred times yes. 

"What were you doing walking around without a coat on, in the middle of december?" The taller girl asked as she gently pulled the blanket over her still shivering counterpart. She felt Catra's tail wrap gently around her forearm as the feline began to snuggle in close and get comfortable.

"I just had to pick something up.... Don't worry about it. Just warm me up, literally freezing to death over here." The girl lifted her head for a second to snicker while staring up into Adora's eyes. Those mismatched colors split the blonds soul. She began rubbing her hands through Catra's wet hair, the neko's ears twitching ever so slightly as Adora's thumb would occasionally brush against them.

"You're getting really cuddly today? Is this another thing I need to practice?" Adora chuckled as her partner's shoulders hitched in embarrassment.

"Shhh." Catra's pointer finger reached up from the blankets and lightly tapped the taller girl's lips.

"Less talking, more warming."

"Okay, Okay." She smiled. This, this is exactly what she'd dream about at night. Well, most of the time... some of her other dreams that involved Catra were much less... wholesome. She found herself still peacefully stroking Catra's hair, except this time she really wanted to play with the feline's ears. They were adorable and had been basically forbidden the entire time the two had known each other. After a mishap involving rubbing Catra's tail, Adora was more careful about touching the girls catlike features. However, before better judgement could stop her, there she was, rubbing Catra's ear. To her surprise, she felt a slight rumble coming from her lap, actually there was a slight shaking happening. A low purring sound could be heard coming from the girl that laid in her lap.

"Catra... are you purring?" Adora smiled wide, continuing to play with the feline's ears. The girl just held on harder and buried her face into Adora's stomach. This knocked the blond over so that she was now laying in the bed on her back. She noticed Catra quickly move and snuggle up to her side so that the neko's head was resting on her chest.

"Shutup.. And keep petting me." The girl whispered.

Catra was being extremely vulnerable right now, and Adora wasn't about  to mess that up. She did exactly as she was told, playing with the shorter girls ears while occasionally stroking her hair.

"You're so cute right now." Adora whispered into her partner's ear.

"You're the only one..." Catra started, but her voice broke slightly and she seemed to back off what she was about to say.

"I'm the only one what?" Adora pushed. She had to know.

"That gets to see me.... Like this.." Catra's voice was soft, it made the blond's heart jump.

"Thank you." 

The two girls laid like that, silent with the exception of Catra's purring. It was beautiful, something Adora would happily get used to.

Sadly, their comfortable silence was broken by Adora's phone buzzing. She was getting a call from Bow. For a second, she contemplated answering at all but then thought it might be important. As she moved her arm towards the nightstand and answered, the purring stopped and Catra groaned in disapproval, however she stayed cuddled up to her muscular counterpart.

"What's up Bow" Adora spoke as Catra playfully batted at the phone.

"What are you doing right now?" The boy asked enthusiastically. Adora's eyes snapped down to her foster sister, the same girl with hickeys on her neck that Adora had given her. The same girl who was now snuggled up against her. How was she going to answer this question. Ahh that's right! She was going to lie. For sure.

"Just hanging out, about to do some homework. Why?" Kissing lessons counted as homework right?

"Me and Glimmer are literally like one street down, we were wondering if you wanted to hang out at your place?" Adora froze. The feline's ears perked up, she totally heard the conversation.

"Uhhh... Yeah, give me like twenty minutes to clean up a little?" She said, watching an upset Catra break their comfortable embrace and head towards the bathroom.

"Cool, see you in a few." Bow said before hanging up.

"Catra?" Adora spoke across the room towards the bathroom. She received no answer, only the hiss of the shower turning on and the thuds of what she could only assume were Catra's wet clothes. Great. Now the feline was mad at her. Which also means, when her friends did show up, Catra was going to act like an absolute nuisance. This was going to be some type of night.

"Catra?" Adora said again, this time walking up to the bathroom door ro be sure she was heard. She noticed the door was slightly ajar and felt her heart absolutely panicking in her chest. Her brain immediately questioned whether to peak or not. Would Catra even mind? Probably. She does take privacy pretty seriously. However, Adora knows that in the past few months the feline has been living here, the girl double checks the bathroom door to make sure it's locked every time. Maybe she did this on purpose? The internal struggle was killing the blond girl. She absolutely wussed out and returned to her bed, sitting on the edge. She could hear the water stop. Suddenly, drab in only the small towel, Catra appeared in the doorway. The two locked eyes. Adora could have sworn she watched one sharp feline tooth bite gently onto Catra's bottom lip. Was she trying to tease Adora back? Dear god, this was going to be a rough night.

"Almost forgot to grab my clothes." The neko smiled as she leaned specifically towards Adora, picking fresh clothes up out of her drawers. Adora could see down Catra's towel, barely covering the girls breasts. She felt her body heat elevating, her face must have been a deep crimson.

"Sorry.." The feline's devilish smirk came across her face.

"I'm so clumsy tonight... I hope this doesn't become a trend that lasts alllll night." She leaned right next to Adora's ear and elongated the word all just to get her point across.

The blonds legs were wobbly, she was about to have the most sexually frustrating night of her life.