XXI

I arrived at work 5 minutes late an my boss was already riding me. He never complained when Echo was late or when Halo would be on break for longer than 30 minutes, yet here he is complaining when I'm only 5 minutes late.

"Apollo!!" He roared. I rolled my eyes, placed my small bag on the nearest table and walked to the bar "Apollo!" He roared again

"I'm coming" I spoke back

"Oh....um anyways why are you late"

"Personal reasons, i don't want to get into it" I stated

"Don't let it happen again or you'll be fired" he grabbed he's rag and headed to his office

"FIRED? I'm late five minutes and it's a problem, so many of the staff come later than that and you just brush it off but when it's me I'm getting "fired". " I stated with air quotes. He stopped in his tracks and walked over to me. His eyes were a blazing red, smoke was practically shooting from his ears and nose. I never knew someone could get this mad until now and at any minute he was going to blow.

An yet he didn't, he took one last he'd glare at me and walked away.

When he closed his office door, the breathe I was holding finally escaped. I was panting so hard and sweating. All the staff were so fixated on what occurred that they didn't notice people were starting to pile in quickly.

I ran to my bag picked it up and walked back to the bar.

"Girl that was so dope, no body has ever talked to boss like that" my co-worker Rachel said

"Wait-what, nobody has?" I was in disbelief, was everybody scared of boss?

"Nobody girl, he likes to treat he's staff like crap and everyone is either to afraid to talk or doesn't want to lose their job here"

"Why is that?" I asked

"Because girl the benefits are really good here"

"Oh that makes sense"

"Yah girl, but besides that I would leave either look at bosses fine, uhhh he so fine" she said grabbing a notepad and walking to a near by table.

I turned my head towards the direction of our boss and really looked at him. I never noticed how good looking he actually was, he's words and attitude made me focus on how much he was an asshole instead of how good looking he was. He had really broad shoulders that connected with a perfect body, he stood about 6'5 next to my 5'5 frame, he teeth were purely white, and his skin was a deep chocolate that glisten when he walked into a room.

However, my inspection was interrupted when Halo, stood in front of me.

"Hey can we talk" my face turned it a smug.

"About?" I spoke

"About everything" she said

"Nah I'm good" I walking from around the bar

"WAIT! Please talk to me" she cried

"No, because you pretended to not know him the day he came into the bakery, then ended up at his house. How the fuck could you Halo" I yelled, everybody was staring between the two of us. This was not the first but the second time I've yelled at someone tonight and now I'm ready to go home and to bed.

"You never told me who he was or what his name was. You never ever spoke about him. So when I realized that day at the bakery it was Davi, I was shocked but you needed me more. I didn't want to add onto the problem"

"THEN HOW COME YOU ENDED UP IN HIS BED HUH!"

"It wasn't on purpose, me and him have history, and that night I went to confront him and things happened. We did not have sex at all"

"Because I was there"

"Obviously"

"Now tell me this if I hadn't shown up, would you have fucked him?"

"Yes" she hung her head low wiping tears

"Exactly! So he's all yours now, I hope your happy" with that I walked away to check on tables.

1:02 am
Ring ring!
Ring ring!
Ring ring!

"Hello..."

"Is this Apollo Nics"

"Yes this is she, who may I ask I'm speaking with"

"This is the NYPD, theirs been a terrible accident regarding your a young lady named Ruri Smith, she was rushed to St. Richard hospital, its urgent for you to get there"

Beep beep
Beep beep
Beep beep.....

-Please, excuse the errors, and that how her boss looks like. It's been awhile bare with me.

-I think I'm making the chapters shorter haven't decided yet.

-thank you for all the support on this book, if you like this one check out my first book called The Story Of Riley