He Always Knows

A few days pass and I am totally getting along with Chase. He's risky, edgy, exciting, and most importantly he talks to me. We write to each other all the time and almost make it a game of sneaking notes under each others door. I've been so occupied with spending time with Chase I've completely abandoned Negan who doesn't seem to have the slightest bit of suspicion. He's been too busy the past couple of days with his new 'hilltop' project to even notice me. Not that I care, the farther he is from me right now the better. I finish writing the last sentence of the letter I plan on slipping under Chase's door.

I had an amazing time last night. Thanks for spending so much time with me recently. I'd go crazy without a friend here. Without someone who understands me and understands this place like I do. I really enjoy your company. You're a really cool guy. I'm going to miss you when I'm out of here in a night or two. I just can't take it with Negan anymore. Thank God he's so occupied with his new stupid project or I'd be in deep shit by now. To be honest he probably won't even notice I'm gone at this point.

-Kendall

I sign my name and fold up the letter slipping it in my boot. Last night I confessed to Chase I was thinking of making another escape attempt back home. Back to where I know. I'm not sure what's left of anything... if there's anything at this point. But I figure anywhere is better than here. Maybe I'd see if my parents and brother are still around. Not that I necessarily care to go back to them but at least it's familiar ground. I told him I plan on leaving in a night or two. The sooner the better. He of course tried to talk me out of it but saw my mind was made up as I discussed my plan.

I exit my bedroom and walk to Negan's room. I figured I'd do his laundry after slipping Chase this note to seem less suspicious. I slip the key into the lock and open the door and to my dismay he's here hunched over his desk with his reading glasses on. I ignore him as he looks up but doesn't acknowledge me. I walk into his bedroom and collect his dirty clothing from his hamper as I walk back into his main room.

"I've got a list for you." He says pointing at the list placed at the edge of his desk. I walk over and pick it up reading it over. It's literally the same stuff I do for him everyday, nothing new so I'm not sure why he bothered with a list. "What have you been up to lately?" He asks as my heart skips a beat but I play it off.

"What do you mean?"

"Oh I don't fucking know just seems like you've been spending an awfully long amount of time by yourself in your room."

"What else am I supposed to do?" I ask "can't do much else. Nobody talks to me and I'm not allowed to leave."

"Hm." He hums continuing back to his work. Weirdo. But it does get me paranoid. "You just seem awfully paranoid for someone who's doing nothing all day."

"And you seem awfully suspicious for someone who keeps tabs on me at all times. If I was doing something suspicious you'd probably already catch on to it." I lie. Because I am going behind his back in a sense and I am being suspicious and he doesn't even have a damn clue.

'He always knows' my subconscious tells me and I almost want to poke to see how much he truly knows but the minute I open my mouth I know he will get more out of mine than I will out of his.

"Yeah. You're right, you'd know better than that. Well I guess you better go on and finish what you were doing." He says excusing me as I leave his room. I have a feeling he knows something but hopefully not everything. I really need to be extra cautious and stop spending so much time with Chase. It's careless.

I drop off his laundry for the workers to wash and then I quickly slip the note under Chases door before going back to everything else I was listed to do.