Game Night

I've been Negan's assistant for a few days and I already enjoy it a lot. I walk through the cafeteria bringing down Negan's tray from dinner when I see my friend Nick.

"Hey Kendall." He says stopping me in my tracks.

"Oh, hey Nick. Long time no see."

"Yeah. I heard you got moved from working at the shops."

"Yeah, Negan needed an assistant. Asked me to do it."

"Oh so you're NOT his wife?"

"No. I'm not." I chuckle, "where'd you hear that bullshit?"

"It was just a rumor, glad to hear it's not true. I was almost nervous to talk to you In case it was. Wouldn't want to piss the big boss off."

"Well. It's not true. I'm a free woman." I laugh.

"Well since you're so free, why don't you come down to the recreational room tonight? Me and a couple buddies were gonna hang around and play cards. If you don't have plans already of course." He says.

"Yeah... that sounds like it'd be fun." I smile.

"Well, you better go. Looks like big boss is looking for you."  Nick says as I turn around seeing Negan talking to Dwight looking our way.

"Nah. He's not looking for me, he's probably waiting for his wives or something." I laugh as I walk to my room to get ready.

I don't have much clothing, I bought a few outfits with my points a couple days ago, Negan's orders, so maybe I'll wear a couple of those outfits. I don't want to look like I'm trying too hard. We are all just hanging out, it's casual. But I still think I should try to look like I didn't just roll out of bed. I throw on a pair of tight skinny jeans and a dark black tank top that hangs a little low. It still covers everything but it has a criss-crossed pattern across my chest revealing a little bit of cleavage. I throw on my usual black combat boots. I look in the mirror at my ponytail and take it out. I'm safe here, don't have to worry about biters pulling at it. I brush my straight hair out and go on my way.

When I arrive I start to feel a little out of place. I'm one of the only women and I'm for sure the youngest one here. The rooms larger than I remembered and is pretty low lit. There's a ping pong table and a jukebox. I see a few men sitting around a table playing cards and a few men playing pool. Some men are at the bar smoking cigarettes. It takes me a moment to spot Nick. We make eye contact and he smiles standing up from the bar to come greet me.

"Hey, almost didn't recognize you with your hair down, you look great!" He smiles. He brings me over to the bar.

"Kendall, meet my friends Barrett and Jacob." Nick says

"Nice to meet you." I smile. I'm not great with social situations. Jacob looks slightly younger than Nick and Barrett looks about thirty.

"Call me Barry." Barrett says lighting a cigarette. He's a smug looking guy, I think I've seen him before working on cars outside.

"You want a drink?" Nick offers.

"Oh no. I don't, I don't drink." I stammer like an idiot.

"Oh it's cool. You look really nice by the way." He compliments taking a swig out of his beer.

"thanks." I blush

Before we can continue the door behind us opens and I hear a familiar voice speak.

"Well shit, looks like a damn party going on in here if I do fucking say so myself. I'm hurt, genuinely hurt, I wasn't invited." Negan says

"Oh no party here boss. Just a little get together, you're welcomed to join." Barry says walking up to Negan.