New Friends

I can't believe he asked me to be one of his wives. What kind of a question is that? This guys not all I thought he was. I'm almost offended that he thought I'm the kind of girl to lay around until he wants sex and be at his disposal, I mean I'm not stupid. I know that's what he wants.

But there's something about him I can't help but to be drawn to. I think about him nearly every hour of the day. He was kind enough to pick me up from the side of the road, feed me, clothe me, give me a second chance... a new life. I really hope I didn't fuck up things with him by turning him down. I just don't want to be that kind of person, no disrespect to his 'wives' or whatever. They did what they had to do.

A couple days later and it was my first day of work. I was assigned to work concessions, selling who knows what. I didn't want to be late so I walked my way down to my job and worked my butt off.

After a few hours I really got the hang of it. It's super easy I just subtract the points from the book and give them whatever it is they want. I get a thirty minute lunch break so I decided to scope out the cafeteria. I walk through the main hall cafeteria smiling and waving. I greet all the familiar faces and then some. A few men look me up and down. I've only been here a couple days and I can tell a lot of the people are rather friendly. I make a turn and run right into someone falling on my ass.

"Oh I'm so sorry. I really need to watch where I'm going." I apologize looking up at the stranger. I've seen him associate with Negan and Simon but thats all I know of him.

"Oh it's fine, I haven't seen you around here before much."

"Yeah I just got here a few days ago. Negan brought me back here. I'm Kendall."

"Dwight." He says as I see someone staring at us out of the corner of my eye. I glance over and see Negan watching us.

"Well it's very nice to meet you. I think Negan might be looking for you though, he keeps looking this way." I smile

"Uh. Yeah. He's talked about you before. How have you been adjusting so far?" He asks politely.

"Oh fine. I mean besides Negan asking me to be his wife. I found that a little odd but other than that, It's been great. Negan seems like a super nice leader. And everyone seems like really good people. Thank you for asking. Well I don't want to hold you up. But I'll see you around." I smile as he walks to Negan's table giving a shy wave goodbye. Negan watches his and I's interaction as if it were a game of chess.

Negan hasn't talked to me since I turned him down and kind of friend zoned him. I hope he isn't too upset with me. I really enjoyed his company. A lot of people seem intimidated by him but not me, with him I feel... safe.  When works over I begin walking back to my room. It's in the basement on the bottom floor. On my way there I run into Joey... aka 'Fat Joey' as Negan likes to call him.

"Hey Joe." I smile.

"Oh hey Kendall. How are you?" He asks

"Good. Just got off work, was my first day. Was super easy."

"Oh yeah? Well that's good. Glad to hear you're adjusting well."

"Thanks!" I smile as I continue across the main hall towards the stairs. I'm just about there when a group of women all wearing the same outfit pass. One of them stops in their tracks and looks at me.

"Heard you turned down Negan, what you think you're too good for us, for him?" One of the girls asks very bitchy like. I then put two and two together. These are Negan's 'wives'

"No. It's just not my cup of tea. I get it... you do what you have to do to survive. I don't blame you, but it's just not for me. I can take care of myself." I say defending myself and shrugging her off.

"Come on Julie, just let her be." Another one of the girls says defending me as I can't help but to give a slight smirk.

"Whatever." The girl says flipping her hair and walking away.

"Don't mind her, I'm Sherry."

"Kendall." I reply

"I take it you're new here... we should hang out some time. If it's alright with you of course. I'd have to ask Negan first though." Sherry smirks

"Yeah. I'd like that." I smile happy to finally have made a friend.

"You were smart... not to be his wife. I didn't have a choice. My sister has health problems. Negan promised all the care in the world for her if I became his wife. Had to leave my husband for him."

"Wow... that sounds... manipulative."

"He is. I mean he's not the worst leader. But let's just say... he knows how to get what he wants. Anyways, I better go. But nice meeting you." Sherry explains before leaving.