Chapter 1: Fazbender HQ

Hey, reader and welcome to what is the full release of Fleeing the Company, a Dayshift at Freddy's (DSaF) fanfic that parodies Henry Stickmin's Fleeing the Complex. Released a short version of this a month ago and here's what is the bigger full story.

Just gonna presume that if you're reading this, you know about the DSaF lore and such 'cause, you're gonna mostly need it to understand what's going on here. No need for the Henry knowledge.

So yeah, with that note out of the way, here's the story.

Note: See link after picture for audio suggestion. This will be the case for most chapters. May not work for mobile app readers.

* * *

"Another day, another dollar..." muttered Ethan half-enthusiastically as he drove his car through where he was.

And where he was was in a desertous, sandy road in the state of Utah, away from the usual civilized parts. He felt like he had been driving for an hour or more when it had actually been less. He really wasn't keeping track of the time either since it would use too much energy to do, maybe even more than the amount of gas he uses after driving from Nevada to here.

He checked his rear view mirror, seeing his own orange phone-head in the reflection as he looked behind him (yes, that is supposed to be taken literally, his phone-head). And as it always had been, there was no one there, or anywhere in the desert area he was in. Unless you were someone that was asking die by dehydration or have a heat stroke, you'd have no reason to be out here, really.

So why was this literal phone-headed man that was named Ethan out here...?

Well, he was heading over to Afton Robotics, the HQ of the well-known Fazbender Entertainment, a company that he was an employee of and had been since 1973, the year it was founded, but he wasn't an employee when it was founded.

Oh, and yes it was the same Fazbender Entertainment that owned and created Freddy Fazbender's Pizza, a chain of pizzeria-themed restaurants that features animatronic characters that peform on stage in the locations themselves.

The most notable ones were the titular Freddy Fazbender, their mascot, a brown bear animatronic whom wears a black bowtie and top hat, Bonnie the Rabbit, a lavender-colored rabbit who played the guitar, Chica the Chicken, a yellow chicken who sang and held a cupcake and then last but not least; Foxy the Pirate, a reddish fox character that was, well, a character that talks and acts like a pirate. The characters are named similar to what their names are. Easy for kids to remember who is who, you know!

Has anyone ever NOT heard of Freddy's? For anyone that hasn't then they must be living under a rock because those that had been around since 1973 heard or had seen it even if they wanted to or not.

That, in part, was not only due to constant advertsing on TV, but because Fazbender Entertainment had became popular enough in the 70's to warrant multiple creations of Freddy Fazbender's pizzerias all across the states. And its first location started here in the state of Utah in the town of Hurricane.

That very well could be why Fazbender HQ was out here in Utah. Though why was it out in some desert away from civilization like some secret base?

...Ethan didn't really know. But in a way it kind of makes sense since the HQ doubled as a base of operations and an industrial site as well.

Of course what what was made in HQ were the animatronic characters or any characters at all, and also... Phone Guys...literally, by the way.