Chapter 9: The Untold Truth

It was almost time to for Harry to meet Abel at his office to go over the situation and new possible plans for the company, moving forward from this day, especially with the new order having been enacted. Harry himself was at his own office, finishing up some work that he himself had been doing with names for the database and other work that he had on the side before those tasks were made so urgent.

Typically, this meeting he was going to have would be with the other three in management over at their usual meeting room, just like how they did yesterday when he brought them together to inform of them of the FBI's final warning. There were also many other times as well, but not this time since they all were so busy.

It was unfortunate that this was the case because it meant that Harry wasn't accompanied by anyone else, just him and Abel. And there wasn't much of an issue with it either than of course, him not liking Abel at all. 14 years of working with him has not changed his view of his boss at all, and he could never ever see it changing, not even if he was forced to. And that doesn't include the time where he worked with Abel as a phone-head-less guy, because he couldn't remember a single thing about those times.

"That feeling is mutual, just is everyone's own. Though, I don't think it's to the level he had for Joe..." Harry stared blankly at the screen of his monitor and it faded to black, finally turning off.

Harry was silent for a while, and he stared at his vague reflection through the monitor, thinking about his situation. And the company's situation. It made him go think to the early days that he could remember, at least. Back when the other three managers were still with him, with them, the company.

Harry opened one of the drawers at his desk and took out a photo, an old-looking one. A group photo that featured five Phone Guys... The original five managers. Its colors were faded and the photo's shape could be better, but it was good for what it was. Understandable since it was taken in 1973. In the picture, starting from the left was Joe, Terrence, Abel being in the middle, and then lastly, Everett and Harry.

With his eyeless phone-head, focusing on the other three that he worked with. Joe, Terrence and Everett. All of them..

Gone. It hurt to just think and talk about, and that was no exaggeration. Though it couldn't compare to the pain he felt to talk about the original Scott.

He wasn't alone in this, as nearly every employee that had been as far back as Harry has did feel this way. And that even did include Abel...from what he was told by Joe and the others before they died in their own ways. Even now, despite understanding why anyone would be depressed to hear about the original Scott's death, it was still shocking to know that Abel himself would be sad about it.

And it's probably the only time, he ever could hear that Abel would show some kind of sympathetic human emotion instead of just being a bastard of a boss. Though, in the present, he never had seen it, only heard, and any memory of it prior to the phone-ification process was all gone.

But. It did add up, in a way, that Abel did care for Scott's passing, although his actions onward will overshadow what he did. Always had and always will.

Probably, even if he were to somehow die, he'd leave some kind of legacy.

From what Harry was told, and how the chain goes, Abel was the second oldest of the group and the one that worked with the original Scott the closest. He was followed by Joe, Terrence, Everett and then Harry himself, who was the youngest and last one to join.

So...after...Scott died, Abel had naturally taken over his position as company boss. As with the rest of the managers, he felt it was tragic that Scott could die so soon, or at all, and so he led the project to bring him back.