Chapter 8: Double Time

"Yay! Yay, yay!"

There was cheering... And it was coming from a crowd of kids... The crowd... The crowd was in front of a Show Stage, one from a usual Freddy's joint.

On the stage itself was the Fazbender Trio: Freddy, Bonnie and Chica. They weren't in their newly recycled, refurbished forms, but instead their original appearance...?

Ethan looked around, at least he thinks that's the one's own eyes whose he was seeing this through was himself. He also saw something in the corner, a purple-star decorated cover that was draped over a small stage. But it wasn't open yet, but was under construction.

And as Ethan, presumably as himself, observed his own soundings from behind the dining area, he realizes that his own head, the one he was seeing this through, was not a phone-head but instead a normal one? This must've been before the accident, but what kind of party was this?

"Okay, everyone! I hope you're still ready for one more performance because Spring Freddy is going to come out to perform!" announced a phone guy on the stage to the kids. The kids cheered with excitement, "I sure bet the birthday girl herself is going to enjoy this!"

...So, this whole thing was for a birthday girl, but who?

"Guess it's for Francis's time to make a star-performance, huh?" said a woman who was apparently approaching Ethan himself.

"Yep, nothing like a solid performance to end the party," said Ethan himself with a voice that was all too familiar and close; his regular own voice, "She's gonna enjoy this more than the normal shows."

The woman. It was Lynn... The name he just used... This must be Ethan himself for sure. So that must've meant the birthday girl was...

...Out of the group of kids enthusiastically awaiting the arrival of Francis to perform, a young girl with long black who was wearing a Freddy's-themed birthday crown walked out of the crowd. Ethan recognized her instantly.

It was none other than Alex... But as the little kid she was before compared to the present.

"Uncle Ethan!" the girl called to him urgently as she approached him.

"Yes, Ally?"

"Dad's partner isn't here today, could you up there and be Spring Bonnie with him?" she suggested rather excitedly, pointing at the stage and in the direction of the Saferoom.

"Ahh. Ally, I'm here as a guest, not an employee. Your father could also hold out on his own, he's that good."

"But it would even be better if you were there! Oh, oh, I know, I know, I'll go ask. Mr. Cawthon!" Alex says and already begins heading towards the show stage, "Mr. Cawthon!"

"Ally, wait!" He called out to her but she kept going. Maybe she didn't hear him but even if she did, she would have still kept going, "That girl..."

"Haha. You know, Ally is fond of you, Ethan. Of course she'd want to see you and her father perform together."

"I know..."

Ally talked over to the phone guy at the side of the stage. He then faced in the direction of where Ethan was. He then nodded and Alex returned to them, still beaming with excitement.

"Mr. Cawthon said you could perform if you're up to it, Uncle Ethan!"

"...I see. But, I think it's fine if with just your father," Ethan faced Lynn, "Hey, why not add something?"