Chapter 16: Chaos

In the look-alike Saferoom, Jack and Dave finally decided to pay attention to the big map placed on the wall since they had finished mentioning their pleasantries to one another.

The map detailed the floor plan of the building they were in which was labeled as the 'Holding Building'. The map mentions the details of how many floors there were which was 12 floors. What they, the two cryptids, were on was the 10th floor.

"12 floors is how high we are...?" Dave was genuinely taken aback by this fact, and he was a guy that built an underground factory by himself under Fredbear's diner only in matter of months.

"Yeah..." Jack would of course, know about this building being high as heck, even without having to see this map since he had questionably experienced the height of this building.

Dave continued to stare at the map, "'Former Old Building of Fazbender HQ'?"

"Fazbender HQ? As in... This is Afton Robotics?" Jack went to read what Dave was looking at, just be to be sure.

"Seems like it, old sport... At least a part of it. This is one of out of three building of HQ... If this Afton Robotics, then Freddy's sure has changed it from how it was back then..." Dave articulated and gave a look around the same room they've been in for several minutes already, except he seemed almost astonished now.

"Huh? How would you know?"

"I've been around here before, but only a few times in the past, old sport. And when I was here, it definitely didn't look this is, or had some giant tall-ass building. I guess the only thing that hasn't changed is the location, because it seems like Afton Robotics is in the desert from what I've seen..."

"I suppose that means you can't get us an easy way out of here?" asked Jack.

"Nope, not the case here, old sport. But I know we can do this," declared Dave.

"Yeah, let's do this, Davey," Jack took one last look at the map...

The 12th, 11th and 10th floors were for holding inmates while the other floors below varied. Some were apparently office floors, some kind of 'test floors', storage and so on. The way bottom, the first floor was unsurprisingly the lobby.

"We've got quite the place to descend from. Lobby's our goal," Jack turned to Dave, saying that making it their general plan, "Got anything to add?"

"There isn't much else to really do, old sport, so I'll just follow your lead."

"Alright, then," Jack nods. He was the first to approach the exit of the Saferoom, and he opened it slowly and cautiously.

None of them knew really where they were and who would be where so they had to be careful. Granted, Jack did seem to have some kind of regeneration, or turn-back-time ability thing, but what didn't help is that he didn't know if that really is what that is.

If it was then why? How? And would he run out of lives? You know, like how cats supposedly have nine lives? He really didn't know, and he didn't want to test it.

Should I mention this to Dave...? Nah... he shook his head and returned his focus onto what was outside of this room.

"So, first things first, we can head over to the Security Office on this floor, which according the map, is right near this Saferoom," suggested Dave.

"Yeah, that's a good idea," agreed Jack.

Outside the Saferoom was a corridor, very much like how most Saferooms are placed in a usual Freddy's joint, which is usually the Restroom Corridor. Except the atmosphere design was not like one compared to the cells, or at least the Saferoom they were in. This place felt like it almost was an actual prison, not that he had actually been in one from what he can recall but you know, that's what he got from it.