Chapter 15: Cryptid Allies

Jack removed the vent cover slowly and quietly, placing it to the side. Apparently, so quiet that Dave didn't hear him like he thought he would.

"Psst, psst. Dave...up here...!"

"...?" Dave wordlessly looked around his  room and then finally up toward where Jack himself was. "...Old Sport? Old Sport...is that you?" he squinted his eyes and then approached the part in the room where the vent was.

"The one and only."

"Oh shit waddup, old sport!"

"Oh shit waddup, Dave!" Jack covered his own gaping mouth, but only after shrinking it since you know, he had a wide grin most of the time, "We, should be quiet so that they don't notice that I'm here."

"Right, right, old sport," Dave turned towards the door then back at him, "So...how did you get up there?"

"I got here from own cell. Freddy's always misses a spot check in their own locations, remember? C'mon, get some height and I'll help you get up here."

Conveniently enough, there was enough junk left over in Dave's cell as well. Compared to Jack himself, he had a much easier time moving the junk and made a small tower and managed to climb into the events. Together, they continue down the left path, crossing over many other vents. Jack led the way while Dave was behind him.

"Thanks, again, old sport. Didn't think I'd be crawlin' with you through vents today."

"Neither did I, Dave." Neither of them planned on being held at whatever this place was and would be crawling to its vents, for sure.

Eventually, they reached the end of the vent passageway, and where was a cover, one that wasn't flat on the bottom, but vertical up on the wall of the vent. Jack checked through the small spaces of the vent cover to see if there was anyone, to which there wasn't. With that, he shifts his position kicks it open. With the cover gone, he drops into the room, surprisingly without messing up and landing on his face, but his two feet. The same was for Dave.

"Huh..." Jack murmured as he looked around the room the were in. "Hey, doesn't this place..."

"Look familiar?" Dave finished his thought, thinking the same.

"Yep..."

The room they were in wasn't a holding room or the cell, but a room that you can find in a Freddy's joint. What that was is a Saferoom. It had a similar appearance to one, looking like the maintained ones rather than poorly put together and damp ones, but it still had metal junk laying around, shelves for things like the handcrank, and also a mirror. Lastly, it even had a springlock suit in it, just one however. And it was a Cookie Monster suit.

Also...is that a map? Jack thought as he noticed some big piece of paper up on the wall.

"So, we're in a Saferoom? But why is there even one here?" Jack turned to Dave, even though he was feeling just the same about this whole situation, being lost in where they were. "Do you know where we are?"

"I'm just as lost as you, old sport. I've been to a lot of Freddy's own places throughout these years, but I have no idea what this place is," he was thinking just what Jack was as well, "I have no idea where this place is at either."

"So, it's same for the both of us... How did you get here?" asked Jack, "I was at the Bakersfield Freddy's in California trying to sign up for the dayshift until some employee entered the office and knocked me out."

"Oh? You were heading to that Freddy's as well, old sport?" Dave responded, his eyes noticeably widening. It was a feigning expression since he knew that Jack was going to be there. But Jack didn't know that. "I was actually heading there myself, you know? That was until I was also taken by surprise by some people who I believe were also from Freddy's."

"You were also heading to the Freddy's in Bakersfield?"

"I saw on ad on it on TV so I figured why not, especially since it was a grand-reopening, where they were likely going to accept all kinds of help," explained Dave, in awe, "Who woulda thought that you would be there as well, old sport. Because, really, I didn't expect you to come back."

"Well, you know me. I will come back. I always do." And it's also the same for you as well.

"I'm glad you do, because there is no one else I could see as my partner right now. After all, you've proven yourself as one loyal son of a gun for sticking with through thick and thin back in Colorado."

"You were my way out, Davey. No one else has ever offered me that in all my years in working at Freddy's, so I owe it to ya."

Dave shook his head, "Don't mention it, old sport, and I will follow through with my word. Except though, it seems the plan is going to be derailed slightly due to our situation..."

"Definitely... This isn't a restuarant of any kind..." Jack glanced around the room, "So no five kids to kill for an easy shut down."

"But I'm sure we can still do something. After all, it's the aubergine and orange man combo!" Dave declared, "Last time was fun. And I mean really fun, old sport. We created and did something beautiful, and I'm sure we can do the same here."

"That confident, are you?" Jack asks, raising brows that he lacked, but he of course liked the words the purple man was putting down.

"I know so," Dave rubbed his purple grabby-grabby hands together, deviously, "Because whatever this place is, we'll leave a mark and finally destroy Freddy's Fazbender's. The contracts, having to wear deadly springlock suits is something we will never have to deal with."

"Why's that?"

"I don't know if you heard, old sport, but Freddy Fazbender's is standing on their last legs of support. The constant string of murders, the yiffings. Then there's Candy's out-competing them in the Midwest, along with another pizzeria franchise by the name of John's also joining the market and they're already making an impact.

"And lastly, Freddy Fazbender's is one last incident away from being shut down forever."

"Is it?"

"Heard about it myself from an employee who was talking out loud about it. The FBI have given Freddy's their last warning. If Freddy's gets one more incident, all the rest will go down. It's likely why Freddy's has taken us in. They're tryin' to remove the source. Likely they're putting all their eggs into one basket here."

"Not only us two. Remember how there were tons of others as we crawled through the vents?" said Jack.

Dave nodded, "I do. Apparently, that order from the FBI has been in action since a couple of days ago. I could've caused any usual incident, but I really wanted to top it off with something big."

"I see where you're getting at. Nothing like one final goodbye to this horrible franchise..." Jack nodded to Dave and smile, "I can feel the freedom because I know with the two of us as a team, well have no issue...

"...Fleeing the Company."

Dave blinked, "Why did you have to say it like that, old sport?"