Chapter 7: Family

"9 PM..." Ethan read the time from the clock on the wall.

It was already an hour past the usual time that Fazbender HQ stays open this late. So, why was he still here because he had to, of course! Abel's orders, and it applied only to Harry, Nolan and Ethan himself. Scottie has the fortunate chance of leaving early.

But Ethan stayed back as long he said he was going to and he wasn't going to stay any longer. Not even if he was to be paid overtime.

"Like he'd do that, ever. Even at times like this..." Ethan says to himself, finding it slightly humorous. He began to prepare himself to leave his office; closing his monitor, making his desk look neat and turning off the lights.

Leaving his office and out into the hall, he closes his door and makes his way to the elevator. It was unsurprisingly quiet given the time of the day, on the floor he was on. Abel was likely in his office but he wasn't going to tell him that he was leaving since he was expecting him to, so he wasn't going to use even that small amount of time to do so.

In the hall that was where the elevators were; there two on the right side, Ethan's right side. And on the left where there was nothing else apart from some potted plant, were the same portraits of the original five managers and original Scott Cawthon.

But what was different here was that the current new three additions of the management group were there below them. It went as Nolan, Scottie and then Ethan himself since he was the last one to join. It was odd to have Nolan here since he was the only one without a phone-head on. He has agreed to it being odd, but what exactly can he do?

Now, if they were to have their own pictures in order, Ethan would see himself being in the middle; Abel and Harry being on left his portrait, while Nolan and Scottie were on his right. You know, since he was the middle man of the group.

"...How trivial would that be to ask of wouldn't it?" Ethan says to himself and heads towards the elevator.

Down at the lobby, Ethan walked, intending to go straight towards the exit but he notices the lights were still on over on the other side of the lobby. Most of the lobby's lights were on, apart from that section.

It was the entrance of the Factory. Its door was different from the others in that it was two sturdy metallic doors with a push bar instead of the usual office ones, and it was much taller, probably almost as tall as the animatronics. And also yes, the Main Building was connected to the Factory through a corridor if that hasn't been brought up before.

"He's still not yet done closing up?" Ethan pondered on it for a bit as if he should just head home or check up their head of the Factory.

He then figured why not, as long he didn't have to work anymore because he was just tired. He was looking forward to heading home to sleep, and he knew he'd need it given what weight they need to pull now from this day forward.

Entering through the sturdy doors, Ethan entered the Factory of Fazbender HQ, a place that had expanded so much since 1973. When he joined he had either worked here as the engineer he had his education in, fixing robots, helping put together robots, or he'd work as a dayshift worker at his main location in Nevada or others when needed.

"Still surprised at how big this place as become..." Ethan says as he began walking further from the entrance.

And he didn't just mean the Factory but Fazbender HQ as a whole. It went from a small complex with one fairly small office building with a small workshop which then expanded into what it is now. But it was the Factory that fascinated him since, well, this is what is his interest! One of the reasons he came to work here in the first place, too.