Judgement

Angela's P.O.V

The air in the atmosphere was deathly still. I could feel the overwhelming tension in everyone. I flicked my eyes to each person, my gaze landing on Sandy first. He was still holding his weapons in his hands, but he was smiling, almost like he knew I would come back all along. I gave him a little nod of appreciation. Next was North, who had one sword pointed at Pitch's neck, but his attention was transfixed on me. He looked prideful, like a father would to a daughter. Bunny was scrutinizing me, looking me up and down as if to make sure that I was really here. When I gave him a little smile, his eyes got a bit watery, letting me know that he knew for sure that I was the same Angela. Tooth had stopped hovering in the air completely, probably from shock. Even from up in the air I could see her trembling and her tears shining in the darkness. Last, but certainly not least was Jack. His staff was on the ground next to his foot, telling me that he had dropped it. His bright blue eyes were brimming with tears and his mouth was upturned in a shaky smile. I wanted to run to all of them, to wrap them up in my arms and tell them everything. But I had someone else to look after at the moment. Pitch Black was ignoring everyone and everything else and instead focused on me. His expression seemed neutral, but if you looked hard enough, you could see the frightened look in his silver-golden eyes and the way he was clenching his hands tightly.

I gave him a stern, but pitiful, look and made the vines around his wrists just a bit tighter. He grimaced at my actions. I slowly floated down from my spot in the air, intending to give Pitch a piece of my mind. However, I remembered Manny's words just before I left the moon. "You must do what you think is right, but remember, do not kill him." Of course, I didn't have the heart to kill anyone, even if I had the power to do that. Pitch had done many horrible things, but even he did not deserve death. I was still angry, though, and I was fully intending to threaten him. "Pitch Black, formerly known as Kozmotis Pitchiner," I spoke with a regal tone to my voice. Oh yeah, did I mention I had new knowledge now? The knowledge and memories of my mother were engrained in my brain, to help me rule better. I felt the Guardians flinch a bit at my tone. It probably reminded them of the original Mother Nature. North stepped aside to let me deal with the villain, although I could tell he wanted to give me one of his infamous bear hugs that could break a bone.

"I thought you were dead," he said with a slight sneer. I hummed.

"Even you cannot get rid of me that easily," I smiled menacingly, making him flinch away from me. I have to admit, I enjoyed making him squirm, but I wasn't here to scare him for fun. "You have tried to kill the Guardians, what, three times now?" I tapped my chin as if in thought, "and you have plunged the world in darkness at least two times, as well as frightened the children so much that they are too afraid to step outside. You have killed my parents, one of them being your daughter, and my dog! You also attempted to kill me. I think you deserve to be punished, don't you think?" Pitch gulped, like actually gulped loud enough for me to hear him.

"What, are you going to kill me?" He chuckled darkly.

"No, I'm not going to kill you," I crossed my arms, "I don't plan on killing anyone. However, I'm still going to punish you." The wind suddenly picked up, blowing so hard that even the remaining Nightmares had a hard time staying on the ground. I rose up into the air, my hair floating around me magically. I closed my eyes, letting my magic heal the world of Pitch's darkness. The Nightmares that once plagued the world faded away into dreams. The realms of each Guardian were restored, the plants finally returned, and the animals came out of hiding. I could see every part of the world at the same time through the roots that ran underneath the earth. Everything finally felt right again. With that out of the way, I returned to giving out my judgement.

"What did you do?" Pitch asked, looking around wildly at the dreams invading his lair. I knew Sandy would lead them out soon enough.

"I just fixed the world, you're welcome," I smiled smugly at him.