The Mystery of the Snow Globe

Jack's P.O.V

Pain. That's all I felt. Sharp, throbbing, stinging pain. I snapped my eyes open and curled in on myself. I lifted my sweatshirt very carefully to take a look at my wound. The stitches were ripped out and the bandages were broken. I winced as another wave of pain hit me. I lifted my head to see that the room we were in was in chaos. There were random things scattered on the floor. North, Sandy, and Bunny were trying to clean the space up a bit. I looked to my right and I saw Angela in front of a...wait is that a Nightmare?!

Then everything came rushing back to me. Pitch, the fight, Angela controlling the Nightmare, Tooth. I froze...Tooth! I looked behind and I saw her. She was crumpled against the wall. Some more of her feathers had fallen off and I saw a bruise forming on her side. "T-Tooth," I grunted out and started crawling toward her. I reached out and grabbed her hand. It was limp and very light. I struggled to sit up and held her in my lap. I sighed with relief when I heard her breathing.

I lifted her arm a little bit to get a good look at her bruise. The Nightmare had kicked her so hard that the feathers on her side had fallen off. The bruise was fresh, so the skin was just turning purple. When I touched it lightly, I felt a large lump which meant that she probably had a broken rib or two. I looked at her face. Her mouth was open slightly and her eyes were closed. She looked so peaceful, which I knew wouldn't last. "Oh Tooth, I'm so sorry. I wish this didn't happen to you. I wish I had the courage to tell you how I feel."

I suddenly grunted in pain. I looked down at my wound. It was bleeding a great deal. I began to feel dizzy. I was losing too much blood, if I didn't do something now then I would eventually bleed out! I leaned my head against the wall and closed my eyes. "Stay with me, Frostbite." I cracked my eyes open and saw the small-sized Bunnymund looking at me with worry. I smiled slightly, "Don't worry, Cottontail. I'll be back to annoying you in no time." I coughed and tasted a bit of blood.

"North, I don't think he can handle this much longer. He needs some serious help." Bunny's voice sounded faint, but I knew it was because I was losing consciousness. I felt North's huge hand resting on my shoulder. I forced my eyes open and tried to smile. "Don't worry about me," I hissed in agony, "I'm fine."

"We need somewhere else to hide. I don't think I have enough medical supplies to help Jack." I heard a new voice say monotonously. I heard a small nicker come after that. Oh yeah, Angela figured out that she can control Nightmares. That's probably why she sounded so sad. I wanted to tell her that I would protect her, but I was in too much pain to do anything. I suddenly felt something stir on my lap. It was Tooth! She was waking up!

I heard her groan and move slowly. I opened my eyes and looked down at her. I realized I was still holding her hand so I quickly let go. "What happened? Why does my body hurt?" She hissed when she tried to get up.

"Tooth, just take it easy. You got kicked by a Nightmare and were sent flying into a wall. I think a couple of your ribs are broken and your side is bruised." I tried sounding like my usual self so she wouldn't worry about me. I wanted her to focus on her well-being and not mine.

"Well, no wonder I feel like I just got run over by 12 bulldozers." I chuckled slightly at her words. My chuckling soon turned into coughing, though. Then the coughing turned into me doubling over in pain. So much for distracting her from my well-being. Tooth fully sat up and lifted my sweatshirt. She gasped when she saw the ripped bandages, stitches, and angry red wound that was bleeding steadily. "Oh Jack, that looks horrible! Why hasn't anyone taken care of this yet?"