An Apology

Angela's P.O.V

 "If you know what you're doing, then where's your family?" Jack's words kept repeating themselves like a mantra. They bounced around in my head and it just wouldn't stop. I had been laying on the bed facedown for I don't know how long. Hours, minutes, it could even be seconds for all I know. I wonder if Pitch had left, or if he was still here. My stomach did a flip as I remembered that he was my grandfather. My mother was Mother Nature?! I didn't even know she had existed and I had no idea she could be killed. It also explains why I am so in love with nature and caring for animals. I had even named my dog after a flower for heaven's sake! My mind suddenly wandered to a memory of me and my mom. I remember one day where she taught me the basics of gardening. That was when I discovered my love for it. That was one of the rare moments where I spent a long time with my mom. Don't get me wrong, we were very close, but she always seemed so busy. Now that I know who she really was, I know what she had been doing.

Then there's my dad. We had a great relationship and I usually spent more time with him since my mom was busy most of the time. I told him almost everything. In fact, I never kept secrets from my parents but my dad was usually the therapist in my family. I remember when he enrolled me in the archery club at school. I thought I would hate it, but it turns out I loved it almost as much as gardening. He told me I could scare someone with my crossbow if someone threatened me. I thought that what he said was strange, but now I know what he really meant. I don't know if I could ever kill someone, though. Threaten maybe, but never kill them. Not even Pitch, no matter how evil he is. I did hurt him once, though, I thought. I grazed his arm with one of my arrows when we were running from him. That's why he was bleeding when he was visiting us. I never knew I had it in me to actually hurt someone, let alone make them bleed. He deserved it though, besides...he'll live.

That's when I heard quiet voices outside the room I was in. At least, they were trying to be quiet. I didn't really want to talk to anyone right now, but I could at least eavesdrop on them. I tip-toed to the door and put my ear to the door. I furrowed my brow as I heard Jack and Tooth talking. "I believe in you Tooth," was the last thing I heard before I heard a muffled sound of surprise from Jack. Then I heard a rustle of clothing and feathers, "I-I-I'm so sorry. I don't know what came over me!"

"No, it's okay!" I heard Jack exclaim, "that's what I wanted to talk to you about." I decided this was my moment to reveal myself. I swung the door wide open, "Jack, Tooth, what are you doing outside my room?" I almost laughed out loud at both of their expressions. They looked at me like they were kids that got caught doing something bad. There was a few moments of awkward silence before Tooth said, "we all want to share something with you but Jack wants to talk to you first." She looked at Jack sternly before she turned to me with a smile. Before I could even get a single word out, Tooth ushered the shocked winter spirit through the door and into my room. Then she was gone before I could protest something. I wanted to open the door and scream at her, but I knew that would only hurt her feelings and make Jack angry.

Instead, I took a breath and turned around. Jack was looking around like he wasn't just staring at me. I crossed my arms, "alright what do you have to say? I don't want to have this talk, but it's got to happen sometime." He shifted from foot to foot before he dared to look me in the eyes. He opened his mouth and closed it again like a fish out of water. Finally, I had had enough, "well if you're just going to stand there like an idiot then feel free to leave." I opened the door and glared at him. "Well what are you waiting for?" I pointed out the door, "go on, be my guest and leave why don't you? You obviously don't care enough to utter an apology, let alone a word!" I felt tears well up in my eyes and my lip tremble. "Maybe you want to say something about my parents since you obviously don't think highly of them!" I walked a few steps toward him, "maybe I could say something nasty about your parents too! How would you like that huh?! We could play this game all day Jack Frost!"