20 Breaking in Sorrow

I just cried writing this, but things have to happen. Please enjoy and feel the wave of sorrow!

"But this energon has been missing for quite sometime. It is the blood of the electric bat, which are thought to be extinct! What would this energon be doing here if the electric bats were in the pits of Kaon. It's not possible for it to be on earth is it? How do you have yellow energon?" Ratchet examined Soundwave.

"Answer: Windstroke." He tried to keep his voice as level as possible but it cracked only slightly. Ratchet stepped back surprised.

Soundwave could feel his spark aching but then the sadness turned to fury. Now was not the time for anger, but for grief. That's what he intended to do. To grief for his only friend who helped him to the end. Soundwave let go of his pets so that they too may grief, but Ratchet interrupted their moment of silence.

"Electric bat. You have an electric bat!"

Soundwave readied his tentacles in case Ratchet got to close but Ratbat willing rested on Ratchet's cervo. Only Squawktalk, Howlback and Ravage stayed by his side, comforting him the best they could but he refused.

Laserbeak had not been built with him but when he was imprisoned, Laserbeak had always been there to comfort him. He had saved him in fact and also vise versa. None of his other surveillance drones would understand. Laserbeak was more than a pet. He was like a brother to Soundwave. The pair were always very close. Soundwave had been with Laserbeak for nearly his entire life. From the moment he was onlined until now.

"Echo get yourself looked at," suggested Camellia.

He growled at her trying his best not to lose washer fluid, but it was too much. A few leaked from his optics and his purple highlights began to fade slightly.

"Echo!" her voice was sharp with authority but Soundwave ignored her command.

He looked at her sharply. "Soundwave: Serves no one."

"Echo! You said I could be like your mother so you will know to do what I say."

Soundwave winced at her tone but he wouldn't break without a fight. He slammed his tentacle down next to her.

"Echo, I understand how you feel for your pet but you have to let him go."

Soundwave remembered when he first met Laserbeak.

Flashback
Soundwave's arms were wrapped around his frame. Alone. That's all he ever was and will be until his spark dies out. He looked out into the window which was his only supply of light. Soundwave has never spoken ever since he had been built. He really never even needed his voice, he never needed to speak.

"Here! Get me all these items!" growled Windstroke opening his cell.

Soundwave stood up and snatched the list from his cervo. He snarled before leaving to fetch all the items. Windstroke shot at his leg.

"You'd better hurry, or I'll turn you to scrap."

Soundwave limped feeling the pain shooting up leg. Soundwave fought the urge to confront him and try to kill him. Let him know that he wouldn't be pushed around because of fear. He would have to cope until he made a plan to escape Windstroke's grasp. He looked down at the list, basic things. Nothing useful in anyway to him. He headed over to the store and flinched as he saw all the creatures in cages.

They growled and squeaked as Soundwave walked by. They shrank back or jumped at the bars and bite in his direction. He could see a cybercat had a torn audio processor and a scar across its face. It jumped up and growled at him as he looked into its cage. It began to gnaw at the bars that were worn down. It's cage rattled as the cat's tail lashed inside.