3 The Long Rivalry

Soundwave! Here! How? Why?" Moonracer hated the mech with all her spark.

"I don't understand. What's the big deal?" Arcee questioned.

"History! That's what's wrong!"

"Moonracer, calm down."

She clutched her fists," Why, of all cybotronians, is he here?"

"Megatron, he's his loyalist." Arcee stated simply," I have to run, I got to pick up Jack."

Bulkhead and Bumblebee nodded and followed Arcee a she left the base.

Moonracer could only stare as they left. "Loyalist? I wish I had never even met him! I wish he was never my friend!" She stomped her per as she spoke.

Soundwave boarded the Nemesis and tried to calm down. Only memories flooded his mind once more.

Flashback

Soundwave returned to school his work finished. He entered his first class, math. "Hey Soundwave!" called a high pitched voice behind him. He turned to look at the femme he had become friends with a few days ago.

"Greeting: Hello Ultra Violet."

"I want you to meet Moonracer. She's one of my friends too, I met her yesterday! Come on let's go before we're late."

Soundwave looked at Moonracer then back at Ultra Violet and followed her. Moonracer trailed behind Soundwave but then pulled ahead of him, she walked next to her. Soundwave came on Ultra Violet's other side.

Moonracer was already sitting down next to Ultra Violet when Soundwave arrived with his plate of food. Though he didn't eat it much, he didn't want to be lectured. Ratchet and Orion Pax sat on the other side in a deep conversation about the math homework. Soundwave sat next to Ratchet who didn't pay to much attention to him. Soundwave didn't mind too much, he was never really great friends with them. He picked up some energon from his plate and put it into his "mouth".

"Hey we should work on the English project together, mine is so horrible right now. Wanna see?" asked Ultra Violet going through her folders. She picked out a wrinkled paper and placed it in front of her. It had "Wither Tales" written in messy block letters at the top. A short summary was written to the side with streaks of black through it. The edges of the paper were torn.

"Looks pretty bad."

"Well some of it was on purpose."

"Like which?"

"The torn edges and the black marks."

"Yea, you need to clean it up. Remake those block letters and put the streaks on another part of the paper."

Soundwave looked down at his plate and swiftly picked it up. He dumped it quickly in a near by garbage can and walked away from the table.

"Hey Soundwave! Where are you going?" Ultra Violet called out behind him.

Soundwave bit back a sharp reply and only turned to face her. "Ultra Violet: Doesn't have a need to know."

"What do you mean? Hey come on sit back down." She reached out to grab his cervo but he pulled away angrily. "What's wrong?"

"Order: Leave Soundwave alone."He pushed her out of his way.

Ultra Violet staggered back,"Soundwave! Wait!" Soundwave turned to looked at her, then slowly looked at Moonracer. "I'm sorry if I did anything to make you mad but please tell me what I did wrong!"

By this time Ratchet and Orion had ended their discussion and were headed towards him with confused expressions. Not wanting them to learn about his grudge he looked back at Ultra Violet. "Apology: Accepted," he stated simply and quietly but turned and walked away.

"Soundwave!" she cried after him. He tried his best to not turn to comfort her, but he couldn't help it. He sighed and headed back. As soon as he turned Moonracer sat her down and tried to comfort her. Considering that Ultra Violet and Soundwave were computers, they shed no tears.

"You don't need Soundwave. I'm here for you." she explained calmly.

"What happened?" Orion asked worriedly.

"Ask Soundwave!" she hissed accusingly.

Orion and Ratchet looked in his direction with concern. Orin came towards him,"Is everything alright between you two?"

"Answer: Fine. Inquiry: Can Soundwave tell you something?"

"What is it?"

"Answer: Moonracer."

"What about her?"

"Answer: She is stealing Soundwave's sister."