Special Chapter 1

Hello there (General Kenobi)

[Sorry. I had to]

But anyway, how are you all doing lately? I hope you're doing well and safe after all that's happening in the world. I'm sending my love to you all. Here, grab 'em!

But back to business. This is a special chapter to commemorate the 100K reads of this story and I thank it all to all of you lovely Dreamers! (yeah, from now on...I shall call my readers and followers Dreamers) Love you all, Dreamers!

---

MEETING THE FATHER AND STEPMOM

Hedith sets her teacup on the saucer with a gentle clank. Pushing back a stray hair on her face to the back of her ears, she eyed the situation in front of her. Her boyfriend tensed and back straight like a stick had replaced his spinal column. Her father sat across him with an intense glare on the poor veterinarian. She had been avoiding this confrontation for the past three months of the relationship. Even after they became official, they made a detour to Artemis' mansion and vouched for Carlos so he could enter the women-exclusive manor. All to avoid her drama queen of a father.

But alas, family dinner just had to do it. 

"Hades, stop scaring the poor boy," Persephone scolded setting down the foods for dinner. And surprise, there is a salad somewhere on the table.

"I'm not scaring him. Are you scared, boy?"

"Ah--"

"Don't answer that, Carlos." Hedith glared at her father, grabbing her boyfriend's hand under the table. This eased the tension on his shoulders and lets out a soft sigh.

"Good to have you for dinner, Carlos," Persephone smiled, "Sadly I cannot cook for you today because you cant eat food in the Underworld so Ganymede catering had to cater us. I apologize."

"No need to apologize, Persephone," Carlos almost choked on her name. He wasn't sure what to call Hedith's step-mother since she technically have no surname to be referred to as Missus and calling her Mrs Hades sounds wrong.

Persephone smiled and urged him to start eating and they all followed.

"I heard that you're a very good friend of Mal," Persephone said with a friendly smile. Carlos was able to reciprocate the woman's expression and nodded. "Must have been a shock when you knew that Mal and Hedith are sisters."

"Yeah, but all the odd rivalry between them somehow started to make sense," Carlos answered, laughing weakly. His lips curved upward, wrinkling a little at the corner. His freckles crinkled together creating an endearing pile on his cheeks. One that Hedith find very adorable.

"Is that how you met? Through Mal?" Persephone pondered.

"Somehow," Hedith smirked. She looked over to him on the corner of her eyes and he had a sheepish grin on his face.

"If I remember correctly, she poured fish water on Jay and I when we were nine." That let out a small laughter from the Spring Goddess and Hedith. "The smell stuck on me for two more days." His nose crinkled in disgust but laughed along after a second.

"How stupid." Hedith heard Hades mutter. But Carlos didn't seem to catch it, thankfully.

"I've heard Hedith's mischief on the past from Hades. She's rather crafty," Persephone smiled, fondly.

"She still is." Carlos smirked at the blue haired woman beside him and caught a little tint of pink on her cheeks.

"So you're a doctor?" Hades started. The table turned silent until Carlos decided to answer.