1.8

"I think...you deserved this," Hedith told Mal as she hand over the ember to her. Nothing is holding her back anymore. No more strong feeling in her gut that tells her otherwise and no more doubt towards her sister's intention. She freely gave it to Mal without having second thoughts.

Mal smiled and took the ember, pulling Hedith into a big hug.

"Thank you," she whispered. Hedith can sense Evie smiling behind her back and heat started creeping up her face.

"Yeah well...shut up."

Mal chuckled and pulled away. Now, it was Uma's turn to hug Hedith and ruffled her hair, making it messier than it already is.

"Well done, Hedith! How's the feeling of using your magic?" Uma asked and Hedith gave her a wide toothy smile.

"It feels great!" And partly nerve-wrecking although she won't say that out loud. She has a reputation to uphold.

"Hey!" Celia called with a teasing smile, "It's 'yo bae."

Mal gasped and quickly made her way towards the door. Hedith looks confused for a while before realizing that the boys might've finally found Ben. She quickly followed suit to see what this guy really looks like and maybe even give her thoughts about him in a subtle way of criticizing her sister's lover. Hedith cringed. Thinking about the word lover is just spine-chilling. She can't determine if it's good or bad. Maybe somewhere between the lines.

Hedith saw Mal hug a rugged looking guy with messy brown hair and beard. She stopped on her tracks, flabbergasted and stiff. Her eyes widened in shock. That's Ben? What force on earth made him think that torn off clothes would make him attractive?

"Hey, Hedith!" Harry called and as Hedith turn around, she got the familiar greetings of the two pirate boys. The Sackbag Carry.

"Put me down, you idiots!" She yelled but the two only laughed.

"We miss you, too," Gil said, earning a glare from the daughter of Hades.

"Guys, put her down," Uma commanded but not without an amused look on her face. Gil obeyed and Hedith fixed herself up, straightening the wrinkles in her clothes. After than, she kicked both boys on the shins, with both of them yelping in pain.

"Yeah, miss you, too, dumbasses."

"Who's that?" She heard someone said and Hedith, having the feeling that she is the that in question, turned to Ben who is looking at her with a confused look. She have to admit, he looks good with a beard on. But what made him look better are the fangs. She just love fangs. Fangs are cool and attractive and sexy.

"Hedith, Your Highness," she said in a flamboyant way, bowing with a smirk on her face, "Daughter of Hades."

Then there was that shock look that Hedith expected of him. He looks cute but she thought that he surely won't let the daughter of the guy who almost drained his fiance's powers off the hook. Even if that said guy is her fiance's father and the daughter is her fiance's sister. What a small, bemusing, playful world.

"Oh," that's all he said before turning back to Mal. Hedith stood up straight and made her way to him and Mal.

"She's here to help, Ben. And so are they," Mal said, gesturing towards Uma and her crew.

"Well, Ben. I love the fangs. How much for dental?" She started criticizing and Ben let out a nervous laughter. He doesn't even know why, "Also, the beard? You should at least clean it if you want to keep it. Can you dress up a little—"

"Okay, Hedith," Mal interrupted with a sheepish laugh, "He will and will do."

Mal gave her sister a look as Hedith laughed in pure amusement.