1.9

"So, we're sneaking out? This looks stupid," Hedith whispers as she casually walks over to the older teens who are diligent in tiptoeing behind, "Like, she has Maleficent Scepter. She might be spying on us right now. That will make us look stupid. Incredibly stupid."

Uma and Mal rolled their eyes as Jay, Harry and Carlos look at each other upon the realization that Hedith is correct at that one. Celia grinned as she shakes her head before standing straight.

"Well, she ain't wrong about that one, guys," she commented.

"You know what? Screw this. I'm going in."

"Hedith--" Mal wasn't able to stop her when she yanked the gate open with a loud creak and kicking the door open. The rest of the group quickly followed.

Audrey is one tough cookie. She tricked the gang into thinking she'll be staying there but no. She's nowhere to be found. Chad, Cinderella's wimp of a son, was the only one in the cabin. He was scared out of his wits when they found him locked up in the storage room and took the chance to leave as soon as they freed him.

"What a wimp," Hedith laughed together with Harry. They did a little handshake as the group exits the cabin again.

"Where do you think would Audrey Chick be this time?" Uma asked and Hedith dashed in front of them with her hands extended.

"I'd like to review my contract with you first," she said with a goofy smile and they laughed at her bubbly behavior. She has been like that since Evie's castle and truth be told, it was weird for the VKs and Ben, too, "When we wrap all these mess up, can I also have my own castle? Like this brooding giant with a three headed dog for a guard? I think that sounds cool."

Uma and Evie laughed as Mal just stare at her with a small smile on her face. Ben smiled at the interactions between different people and slung an arm over Mal's shoulder.

"Can you just tell me how all of you got along so well? And you," Ben gestured towards Hedith and she smiled at him innocently, "Not so bad, kid."

"Thanks," Hedith grinned at the king and hugging her sister's arm on her free side, "Mal promised to help me start over again. So I guess that extinguishes the hellfire between us. Plus...she promised to help dad, too."

A visible frowning grew evident of the couple's face and Evie smiled, not noticing it.

"That's great! She promised to let all the kids in the Isle go, too," she said and Carlos agreed with her. Hedith grinned at the two other boys behind them, letting god of Mal's arm.

"So you two better get along with me because you will be able seeing this baby every single day," Hedith pointed to herself which made Jay and Carlos smile in a more friendly way, "And maybe a fewer pranks on you."

"No problem, kid. As long as you don't do that paint ball thing three years ago," Jay said, ruffling Hedith'sa hair, "Do you have any idea how long does it take to remove oil based acrylics on leather?"

"I promise you no promises."

The group laughed except Mal. She continued to witness the fun exchange between her friends and her former rivals. She observe how Hedith's mood changed towards them and how little hostility she holds towards them. This trip had done wonders to her sister and the guilt is eating her up. Carlos and Jay are now able to pat her sister in the shoulder and ruffle her short messy hair. Evie looks adoringly at her like she is her own little sister. Celia was also more relaxed with Hedith despite being a nervous wreck because of their unfriendly past. These interactions with her sisters only feed her guilt even more.

She can't bare it anymore. She knows that sooner or later she have to say it. Risking the possibility to be hated again.

"I've got something to say, everyone," they quiet down as all eyes turned to her, "The kids are not coming out of the Isle."