2.3

"These dogs are really for me?" Hedith asked in disbelief as she stare at the two headed dog—uhh well, puppy who is sitting happily beside the couch that her dad is sitting on.

"Yes, from Hades' letters, he mentioned you taking a liking on dogs. So I brought one of Cerberus hellpups so you can be friends," Persephone said as she sets down a bowl of salad on the center table before sitting beside Hades and cuddling on his side.

The sight of her step-mother with her dad is unusually odd. She has nothing against Persephone. She looks like a nice lady, relly pretty too, and she had shown kindness and gentleness so far and Hades doesn't seem to be off with her too. His dark and punk get-up greatly contrasts his wife's sweet and light one. He had been shown to be soft whenever he's with his daughters, but with Persephone, he looks a lot brighter. Less scary even.

"Well, I'd be lying if I say I didn't appreciate it," she smiled and kneeled down beside the oversized black puppy. They said he is a puppy but the hellpup is about the same size of a one-year-old dog. That's seven dog years.

It has two heads both looking like a black pitbull. Hedith had seen dogs in the Auradon pet stores and pound when her sister and her friend brought her there to look for a pet. But alas, no three headed dogs anywhere.

"Thanks."

"You're welcome, dear."

"Come on, Kore! I know you are the goddess of Spring but really? A salad?" Thanatos said, bursting into the room from the kitchen, "Can't you make fried chicken or something?"

"My husband's all been eating unhealthy foods for twenty years. And Hedith needs more nutrition in her other than more meat," Persephone said, giving the Death himself a glare.

Hedith is bemused to see a goddess of nature instil strict fear on the Grim Reaper. Now, Persephone is a bad chick. That makes her like her step-mother even more.

"So let's be serious now," Hedith said and stood up as she cross her arms over her chest, "Why the sudden visit? And who's manning the Underworld if both of you are here?"

"Pain and Panic," Persephone and Thanatos said and Hades sighed. He knows his henchmen are good for nothing.

"Thanatos wants a day off, but tomorrow, he'll be back to his job," Hades pointedly said which made the said god chuckle.

"Yeah. Lots of souls to deliever due to a pandemic," he said.

"Yes, but aside from that. I am here to negotiate with Auradon's royal family," Hedith raised an eyebrow at Persephone. Thanatos plopped down on another couch and took the bowl of salad and started eating them, not bothering to ask if they want it too.

"What's to negotiate about our in-laws?"

"Well, your dad is a really important god. The Underworld was never the same without its King. King Ben and Queen Mal have to understand that even though he has...some unquestionable deeds in the past, balance must be restored again between life and death," Persephone said as she swats Thanatos' hand away from the bowl and gave it Hedith. She nodded in understanding and took a spoonful of salad.

"So you want dad to come back to the Underworld as soon as possible?"

"Well, not just me even you," Hades said taking the spoon of salad that Persephone is offering him.

"Excuse me—what?"

"An heir is a must for the Underworld and you are its princess. Mal should be the one true heir but she had already taken another royal status via matrimony here," Thanatos said and sighed, "Speaking of which, I haven't met this other daughter of yours, Hades."

"Yes, well she's pretty busy," Hades said and Hedith's eyes widened.

"I completely forgot! I have to be at Evie's right now! There's a lot of dresses to be made for Mal's party!" Hedith hastily said and kissed her dad on the cheek and quickly ran out of the house, "See you at dinner!"

---

Evie's 4 Hearts is the busiest tailoring business in Auradon. It's understandable since she is very talented in that field. More reasons why she needs more hands to help. There's already Doug to help with all the finances and management of things. And Dizzy, helping with the designs and Celia whom Dizzy actually managed to help in sewing and she's nit half bad at it, too. But there is also Hedith, who's the best in sewing among the three girls yet always managed to run late.

"I'm sorry for coming late! Dad had visitors and I—"

"Later, Hedith! Ariel's sisters ordered bulk this time!"

"Doesn't those fishy people have royal Underwater tailors?" Hedith asked, incredulously and went to her post.

"Apparently, they decided to like Evie's better," Doug said, smirking at his girlfriend who gave him a playful eye roll.

For three hours straight, all they do is make the gowns for the mermaid sisters and so far so good. They have to be worn underwater so extra care is a must and thry have to make sure that the dress is suitable enough. The delivery would take a day and a half to the edge of King Eric's kingdom where they will drop it off for the Royal postman of Atlantis to take.

"Under the sea....under the sea."

"Urgh, now you have that song stuck in my head, Dizzy," Celia whined as she block her ears. Dizzy laughed and continued on singing just to annoy Celia even further.

"How's the dresses for Mal's party going, Evie?" Hedith asked as she check all the mermaid dresses for any loose thread.

"They're doing great but we still have ten more dresses to go before we shift them off to the clients," Evie answered, sitting down on a stool beside Doug.

"Not to burst your bubble, honey, but fourteen more dresses. Including yours and the girls."

"How convenient," Evie said sarcastically.

"Geez, thanks, Doug," Hedith sighed and a bark is heard just out the workshop.

"What was that?" Dizzy asked which stopped her from singing much to Celia's delight.

"Dude doesn't bark anymore, right?" Doug asked, his eyebrows furrowing.

"Umm, am I seeing things or is there a giant black dog with two heads and glowing red eyes just at the edge of the forest?" Celia said, paranoia trailing her voice. Hedith stopped from what she is doing and turned around to see her four other companions looking scared out of their wits.

"No, Celia. I see it, too!" Dizzy squeaked.

Another bark was heard and this time it's from two dogs rather than just one.

"Oh sh—"