3.9

Hedith woke up on a sound of a stick breaking. She quickly sat up but stays low so no one will notice her. The fire had already been out hours ago and the bags are still there. Mavros also stirred as one head perks up while the other stays down and yawns.

She puts a finger on her lips as she creeps towards a boulder near the location of the sound she hear. Taking a small peek, she saw a hooded figure walking down the mountain, holding a horse in reigns.

She quickly but stealthy woke Carlos on his side of Mavros as the hellhound wakes Dude.

"Huh? What?" He asked groggily.

"Wake up. The target's here," she whispered and crept to their bags, shoving Carlos his and slinging hers over Mavros's back.

Carlos rubs his eyes, having it adjust to his surroundings.

"Urgh! Can't a mutt get a good rest around here?" Dude complained while stretching his limbs.

"Sorry. But someone's going down the mountain, heading straight to Arendelle."

"It must be him," Carlos said, fully awake after a drink of water.

"Let's catch him this time. So here's the plan," she said and the four of them huddled up.

---

Hedith took a path through a blind spot in the mountain that will lead her directly ahead of the figure. Meanwhile, Carlos follows closely behind the target, while Dude accompanies him.

After dropping Hedith on the exact spot, Mavros made his way to his own post. All of them set for the capture of the soul snatcher.

"Good morning," Hedith greeted, revealing herself to the figure. He visibly stiffens and stopped on his tracks, "I don't have a warrant for arrest, but I'm not exactly a cop to need that."

"Daughter of Hades," it is truly a man behind the hood, "The King will walk the earth again after two more souls. You can't stop me."

"So you have gotten yourself another one," she muttered, glaring angrily at the man under the hood.

"And a disappointment on your behalf."

"May I ask of who this King of yours is? Is it Scar? Seeing that you have a beast's tooth with you, it must be someone with an animalistic charm," the man laughed at her allegations and took out the said tooth.

Hedith's eyes widened for she had expected a tooth, not a horn, like what the woman had said.

"People should really do a double check on things," he said and another hooded figure appears behind a rock, holding Carlos.

"Carlos!"

"What will you choose, Daughter of Hades? The boy? Or us?" The first hooded figure baited. Hedith should've thought this through. She did not expected to have two people working on the snatching. And she had brought Carlos into the mess.

"Don't think twice, Hedith!" Carlos yelled, trying to break free of his restrainer's grasps, "Don't mind me!"

"Oh spare me your stupid cliches!" Hedith yelled catching Carlos off guard.

The first man chuckled, "How stingy of you, Your Highness."

"I'm afraid I cannot just choose either one," she said ti the figure. Her eyes started glowing green and her hair went aflame with her father's color, "I have once gathered wisdom if you are in the dilemma,  use your wits to solve both."

"Clever answer," the man said and raised his hand with the knife with a rube on it, "But not clever enough."

The man threw a blade her way and Hedith easily dodged by ducking.