1.7

"Yo, Evie?"

Hedith entered the workshop, hiding the ragdoll in her bag. When she arrived, there was Evie and another person with them. A guy, one from Auradon judging from his plain looking good boy looks.

Blond hair tied back into a ponytail and glasses. Hedith wouldn't consider him as the princely type since he'd more in the cute department rather than the handsome department.

Hedith shrugged it off and turned to Evie with a blank expression. Evie, in all honesty, looks surprised and at the same time, pleased to see her in her workshop. She sent away the guy for a while but not without a little peck on the lips. Hedith openly gagged at the public display of affection between the two and she can feel the shiver run down her spine.

Once he was away, Evie smiled and poured her full attention to the younger blue haired girl.

"Yes, Hedith? What's the matter?" Evie's voice is always so gentle and calm. Sometimes, it's almost motherly. The only thing that made her part of the kids in the Isle back there was her obsession on finding her handsome prince and her narcissistic personality. From the situation earlier, the former seems to have been over now for her.

"Do you have buttons?"

"I have loads of stash. Different kinds, even. Wanna see?" Hedith nodded and Evie leads her to a drawer that solely contains buttons. And she was telling the truth. She have all kinds of variation. From simple, plain, round buttons to buttons of different shapes.

"I'm taking two."

"Oh, you can take some if you want," Evie offered, grabbing a few for her to take.

"No, I'll only be needing two," Hedith said in a calmer voice that both of them expected. Evie smiled and watches her pick. While she does, she kept muttering something under her breath to where Evie hear are a couple of 'not this one' or 'nope'.

"For what do you be needing these buttons for?" Evie asked as Hedith comes to the buttons with little stars in the middle.

"It's none of your business, is it?"

"Well, since it's my buttons you're using, I think I have the rights to know," Evie said, with a matter-of-fact tone. Hedith growled and rolled her eyes, "Oh, and I love that little ragdoll on your bag. Need help on finding the right eyes?"

"Wait, what?" Hedith looked down to see her bag open and the ragdoll's head sticking out as if it wanted fresh air. She felt heat rushing up her face and quickly closed the bag.

"Did you make that?"

"What do you think?" Hedith chose to ignore it and continue on her task, "Don't tell Uma."

"I won't," Evie said and helped her look, despite her initial hostility, "But I want a pair for me and Mal. Can you do that?"

"I don't want to."

"Why not?"

"I don't have my materials."

"Where is it?"

"Back in the Isle."

"I have some materials here, you can have some."

"It's a lot of work."

"I can help you."

"You don't know when to stop, do you?" Hedith snapped, turning her head to glare at Evie. In return, Evie just smiled at her.

"Hedith, Auradon has a lot of opportunities to offer. It's your chance to grab them," she told her and took Hedith's hands. She placed the ragdoll in between her hands as Hedith stares at the gentle VK, "And maybe you can make a profit out of that talent of yours. Look at that ragdoll. I never knew Uma can be this cute."