"WHAT IF..."

What if Hedith decided not to forgive Mal?

(This chapter does not automatically be canon in my fanfiction and will only explore the possibility of the topic.)

{:★:}

She believes it. Hedith believes that Mal is repentant of her past and wants to do good. She knows that she indeed wanted to become a better sister to her. She wanted it wholeheartedly. But Hedith's anger and resentment is not something that can be easily swayed. She is a daughter of two evil entities afterall.

"May I speak with her in private?" Hedith asked after the final fight.

She was exhausted and emotionally drained. But she wasn't done yet. Using an immense amount of magic for the first time will not become the excuse for her to not end this right here right now and make it clear for Mal. Everyone stared at the two, oblivious as to why they always have to talk in private. Celia and Evie knows, and it worries them. Ben is confused of where these two stand in each other's circles. As the pirates and the VKs all are just feeling something else is happening between the two of them. But Hedith is not in the mood to entertain such questions and instead used her magic to drag Mal away.

She is not touching the girl.

When they're in a safe distance, Hedith finally decided to release Mal from her binding. As she turns around, the eldest sister wore a worried expression.

"Hedith, I'm so--"

"Save it, Mal," she said, using a spell to lock Mal's mouth together. "I will be doing all the talking here and you better listen and listen good."

The looks in her eyes are unmistakenly that similar to a cobra. Fierce and undaunted. Mal then decided to let her do what she wants. She had done enough to her and being stubborn about it will only make the pile higher.

"Good."

She sighed. Hedith sighed and sat on the side of the fountain found in the castle. The water is cascading down the stone in a beautiful rhythm as the ripples obscures Hedith's reflection.

"You've done enough." She started. "You've shown time and time again why I shouldn't trust you. You think that you can pursuade me into giving in but I'm not going to pretend that things will be magically fixed after a little crying session and a couple of hugs. Guess again, sister."

She snapped her head towards Mal's direction with a glare that burned through Mal's soul. It was cold and soulless like a ghoul.

"It's not. These cuts run deep, Mal and leave scars. I could say that we're good for the sake of dad and I'm starting to like your friends, too. But I can never forgive everything you have done to me. Know that me helping you with my power is something I have to do in order to save both the Isle and Auradon. Know that our interactions from today onwards is considered more as a partnership rather than familial ties. I do not want to be involved with you more than that and know that if dad wants the two of us together, there is nothing more I can do than pretend to like you."

She stood up and walked over to her. Their shoulders almost brushed against each other.

"You tried. But your maltreatment of me overweighs my desire to make amends for a ton."