Chapter 44; Oh Ms. Believer

*Danielle's pov*

"Dani..." Someone whispered in my ear. I groaned and turned over to my side.

"Come on. Today's the big day." Can said again, and I opened my eyes. He was smiling a stunning smile, and his eyes were sparkling.

"Why are you so handsome this early in the morning?" I asked, and he blushed.

"I should be asking you this question." He kissed my cheek. I raised my eyebrow at him, and he smacked his forehead immediately.

"I meant beautiful, and you know that." He said, and I laughed.

"Sure you did, Dallas."

I sat up in bed, Cam wrapped his arms around my waist, and he kissed my bare shoulder.

"Come back to bed." He dragged me back down and hugged me harder.

"Can..." I whined, unwrapping his arms from my waist as he pouted. "I have to take a shower?"

"Could I join?" He smirked, and this made me laugh.

"Nice try." I rolled my eyes.

I gathered some clothes and got ready for the shower. When I stepped inside of the shower, the hot water soothed my body.

I changed into a blouse and jeans, thinking that I should make a good impression when I see my dad again.

My face looked exhausted, I put on some makeup to make me look more like a human and less like a zombie.

I went out of the bathroom and put my pajamas in my suitcase. When I did, I felt Cam's eyes on me.

When I was done, I stared at him, and rose my eyebrow.

"Sorry," Cam laughed at himself. "You just look gorgeous."

"Thank you." I blushed, and joined him back in bed.

"Even though you always look gorgeous-without makeup." He said, and I nodded.

"Will you be okay when I have to leave for the event?" Cam asked.

"Of course. You go have fun and meet the fans." I said, and he nodded.

He kissed my cheek, and got up.

"I have to get ready." He said, "when you do see your father, let me know!" He called as he walked into the bathroom.

My phone buzzed. I looked at it, and saw that David texted me.

David: Ready to go?

I got out of bed just as Cam got out of the bathroom. We collided and he caught me.

"Leaving so soon?" He asked. I pecked his cheek.

"I'll be back. I love you." I said, while going to the door.

Cam quickly grabbed my hand, spun me around, and planted a kiss on my lips.

"I love you too." He smiled, right after we pulled apart.

I walked out of our hotel room, and knocked on David's door.

"That took you a while." David said, as he shut the door behind him.

"Ready to go see Dad?" He asked.

"I guess." I answered.

My stomach was in knots that seemed like they wouldn't be undone. My palms were moist- it was a feeling that I hated.

I realized I was getting nervous over seeing my father again after ten years, but I pushed the negative thoughts aside as I pulled in front of Hanes Dentist Inc.

*Robert Hanes's POV*

"What are you two doing here?" I scowled at my sister and her husband, sitting in front of me.

"We need to tell you something." She said, and I nodded.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Your daughter, Danielle...she's alive." My sister said.

It took a moment for me to process her words, but I still didn't understand.

"What are you talking about? She died at the crash." I said.

She took a folder from her giant purse, and handed it to me.

"It's her medical report." She said, "and her adoption papers."

As I scanned through every single paper, I processed everything. Danielle was close to dying, and she suffered a head trauma. She was adopted by my sister, and her lazy ass husband.

"So, you've been Danielle's guardian for the last ten years and you haven't bothered to reach out to me?" I asked.

This made my blood boil. My only daughter is alive, and my own family has kept this a secret for ten years?!

"I know I was suppose to tell you, but you were already transferred to France for treatment. You started a life here." She said.

"And is that suppose to make me feel better? You took my only daughter from me." I raised my voice, and her husband stood in front of me.

"Do you have any idea what hell we've been through? Dani has been suffering from depression. She's suicidal, Rob." He said.

This broke my heart. I haven't been in her life in a long time and this is what I've been missing? It's all my fault she turned out to be this way.

"And Rob? Last time I heard from the center they said she ran away to the train station. They think she..." My sister trailed off.

She didn't have to finish the sentence for me to realize what she had to say.

I covered my mouth with my hands, not letting them see my lip quiver. My little girl is dead, and it's all my fault.

"I want you two out of here." I growled. "NOW."

When they both got up to leave, the door slammed open, and two teenagers stepped inside the office.

There was one girl, with brown hair who looked about eighteen, and had familiar green eyes. And a boy, with the same brown hair but gray eyes.

"Well," the girl sighed. "This is one hell of a family reunion."

~.~
A/N: Oh Ms. Believer by twenty one pilots
"Oh, Miss Believer, my pretty sleeper
Your twisted mind is like snow on the road
Your shaking shoulders prove that it's colder
Inside your head than the winter of dead

I will tell you I love you
But the muffs on your ears will cater your fears
My nose and feet are running as we start
To travel through snow
Together we go"
~~
I hate it that I don't update on time. Because I usually try to update at 8 pm EST, but I'm usually busy so sometimes I have to do it at 10 at the latest. Sorry you guys!
I love you guys so so much, no words can describe! Thank you for reading. <3