Chapter 9; Pressure

*Danielle's pov*
Matt was suppose to do another cat scan today, and Shawn's suppose to get the tubes out of his throat today. Today is going to be busy, stressful, and exciting all at once.

I got out of bed and took a long, hot shower. The water was soothing my tense muscles, and it calmed me down a little. When the shower was done, I put on the dark navy blue jeans and a long sleeve gray shirt with lace. I put my hair in a messy bun and walked out of my room.

I was walking into the hallway when I ran into Nash.

"Oh, hey Dani! How've you been?" He asked.

"Good, I guess. I'm just nervous about Matt and Shawn, you know?" I said, and he agrees.

"Me too, I'm not only their therapist, I'm their friend, and I want them to get better." He said.

"Would you come with me to see Shawn after his surgery?" I ask, and he nods.

"Of course I'll come, I want to hear his voice just as much as you do." He said.

"We'll see each other later, okay?" I say, and he nods. I walk to the cafeteria to grab something to eat, and I leave.

There was not much to do today, since it was a Saturday. I still had support group, and maybe therapy.

I sit down in the cafeteria, and play a game called "Cash Dash" on my phone, that Cam must've installed already. It was addicting, maybe a little bit too addicting.

Someone slammed something in front of me, making me jump.

"You're quite jumpy, are you?" Cameron asks, smiling. He was holding a movie in his hands.

"Cam? What movie is that?" I ask, trying to take a look at it.

"The Outsiders, you know, I thought maybe we should see-"

That was when the counselor walked in the room. Cam quickly walked to the table behind me and sat down. I dug my phone into my pocket and took another bite on whatever I was eating.

"Cameron. May I have a word?" She calls him over. She waits in the hallway for him, and he puts a hand on my shoulder.

"I'll be back. I promise." He assures me, and I continue to eat my food.

Once I was finished, he still wasn't back, so I got up to throw my trash away. The cafeteria doors open, and Cam walks back to me, walking weirdly.

"Cam, are you okay?" I ask.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I promise." He says as he kisses my cheek. With that, he leaves me, not saying another word.

*Matt's pov*
Today was the day I figured out if I live or die. Which is obviously a big deal to me, but the doctor won't hurry up with my results.

I was sitting in the MRI table, when the doctor came over.

"Matt, your results I-"

"What is it, doctor? Am I okay?" I ask.

"Matt, you're dying. I'm sorry. With these results, it seems like you only have a few months to live. I'm sorry-"

He said, and I sighed. I fought the tears back, as he helped me to my wheelchair.

Of course, what were the chances I was going to live?

I wheeled myself to the elevator, and I couldn't hold my emotions from there. I'm dying, and if Danielle finds out, she's going to die too. I couldn't have that, so I needed to keep quiet.

I was sick of this old wheelchair, it was squeaky every time I tried to move, it was uncomfortable, and it was rusty. I wanted to run so bad, I forgot the feeling of it.