Chapter 29; Glory and Gore (part 1)

*JACK G'S POV*

"So, how long have you been in here for?" I asked my roommate.

It's so ironic, they put me in the same cell as a kid named Jack.

"A couple years now. I hate it." He laughed.

"So, if you don't mind me asking," the other Jack continues, "what are you in for?"

"I'll tell you if you tell me." I said.

"Dude, this isn't kindergarten. Tell me why you're in here." He said.

"I was trying to escape a rehabilitation center, you know..."

"The Healing Hearts center? In Glendale?" Jack finished my sentence.

"Yeah! I tried to escape there while trying to set the place on fire and I guess the people found out." I said.

"Well, if you were wondering, I got in here for killing someone." Jack laughed.

"Wait, what?"

"Yeah, don't act too surprised." Jack laughed, "it was just someone that pissed me off."

"Note to self: do not piss you off." I said, and he laughed.

"You better not." Jack punched me in the arm.

A police officer was coming, and shined a light through our cell.

"Gilinsky? You've been released." The police officer fiddled with his keys and then he opened the door.

"What? Why?"

"Do you want to keep standing there or come out?" The officer said sarcastically. I looked at Jack and he sighed.

"I'll come back for you." I said.

"Yeah, Jack. Don't make promises you can't keep." Jack sighed, and sat on his bed.

The officer pulled me out, and he led me to the front of the station. I saw Danielle, Cameron, and Nash standing there, waiting for me.

"You should thank them, they paid a lot of money to get you out of here." The officer said as he grabbed my belongings from when I first came here, and handing them to me.

I ran over to Danielle and hugged her.

"Thank you so much. I really can't thank you enough, and I missed you all," I said, "but we have to do one more thing."

"What?" She asked.

"We have to rescue my friend, Jack."

*Danielle's pov*

Sitting in the back of the car was a therapist, a pyromaniac, my best friend, and a murderer.

"So, now what?" The new guy, Jack Johnson asked.

"Now, we have to go to the facility," Jack Gilinsky said. "Wait, do we have a plan here? Mine backfired."

"Yeah. We were going to grab David and get the hell out of there." I said.

"No. We were going to lock Ms. Allan in an office and pull the fire alarm. So that no innocent lives get taken." Cam said.

"Except for that Ms. Allan chick." Jack Johnson said.

"She isn't innocent. That's why we're killing her." Matt said.

"Alright, it just feels weird, you know? I barely know you guys but I'm helping you kill a person." Jack J said.

"It's not like you've killed a person before." Cam mumbled under his breath.

Jack Gilinsky, Matt, and Nash had to pull the other Jack back. He was yelling "WHAT WAS THAT? DO YOU WANT TO SAY THAT AGAIN, DICK?" Followed by a series of Nash, Matt and Jack G talking him out of it.

"Everyone calm down!" I yelled, which seemed to work.

"We're going to do this right, okay?" I continued, everyone nodded.

There was a gate that Cam had to "unlock" so we could go in. We pulled up to the center and we stayed in the parking lot.

"Does everyone know what they're doing?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'm going to help Jack set the fire." Jack J said, hitting Jack G in the back.

"I'm going to lock Ms. Allan in the janitor's closet." Cam sighed.

"And we," Nash motioned between him and matt, "are going to get David into the car."

"Are we ready?" I asked, and everyone smiled.

We got out of the car and walked inside. Nash, Matt and I waited at the front desk while Cam and the Jacks went their separate ways.

There was no one in the halls. At this time, people would be preparing to go to bed. Visiting hours were almost over.

"Yes? How can I help you?" The lady said.

"We're here to visit a David Hanes." Nash said.

"Upstairs, turn right, it's the first door. But be careful, he's still recovering from surgery." She said, without looking up from her computer.

Nash and Matt didn't need those directions, but that was only for a distraction.

I went over to the fire alarm and pulled it downwards.

Everyone started to get out from their rooms, stretching or covering their ears, and they made their way out. In the crowd of people, I saw Nash and Matt get David out.

I ran to where the Jacks were suppose to be filling the place with gasoline.

Only Jack Gilinsky was at the end of the hallway, filling it was gasoline and also filling the janitor's closet with gasoline.

"What, is that it?" I asked.

"Yeah, the other Jack is filling the second and third floor, since I already trashed the fourth one." Jack shrugged, putting gasoline on a heater.

"Okay, you have to go." Jack said, putting the finishing touches in the main lobby.

Jack Johnson came down the stairs, almost slipped on the gasoline on the ground, and slowly made his way over.

"I don't know if everyone's safe." I said.

"I have to light this fire, and I can assure you everything's going to be fine. I'm going to leave through the back door." Jack said, and the other Jack nodded. I hugged both of them.

"Just..be careful. Okay?" I asked.

"I promise." Jack Gilinsky said.

I pulled apart from them and ran out the door, searching for Nash and Matt. I spotted the familiar faces and I ran to them, colliding into both.

"Danielle! We did it!" Nash said, embracing me.

Matt patted me on the back, and I could see the Jacks coming from behind me.

I pulled apart from Nash when we all heard an explosion. I checked everybody for any burns or scratches.

"We're okay." I smiled, but I did a double take.

I looked at everyone again and again, even searched the crowd for one face and one face only.

"Guys," I said, tears building in my eyes, "where's Cam?"

~.~
A/N: Glory and Gore by Lorde
"And the cry goes out
They lose their minds for us
And how it plays out
Now we're in the ring
And we're coming for blood

You could try and take us (oh-oh)
But we're the gladiators (Oh! Oh!)
Everyone a rager (oh-oh)
But secretly they're saviors
Glory and gore go hand in hand
That's why we're making headlines (Oh! Oh!)
You could try and take us (oh-oh)
But victory's contagious"
~~
Excited for the next part? You should be ;)
I HOPE YOU GUYS DONT GET TOO MAD AT ME FOR ENDING THE CHAPTER LIKE THIS. I STILL LOVE YOU!
But I hope you guys liked this! It took a while for me because I wanted it to be perfect.
Also I have a lot of school work to do so I'm going to kms.
Okay, love you guys!