Chapter 16; Migraine

*Danielle's pov*

Shawn smashed his fists on to the metal door for the millionth time.

"Shawn! Stop!" I yelled.

He softly pushed the door, but it was no use.

"It was Cam! He did this!"

"Don't blame him! You don't even know if it's him or not." I defended.

"Who else would be awake? If Cam avoids going to sleep, who else would be here late at night?" Shawn asked.

"Ms. Allan? A janitor? I don't know, but Cam wouldn't do this on purpose." I said.

"Stop defending him! He's been lying to you and you still defend him? I'm here with you and you don't see how much I care about you. I'm trying to get us out but what is he doing? Nothing! He's not doing shit for you." Shawn said.

"Shut up! Shut the fuck up! You have no idea how many times he was there for me." I said.

"Is he here for you now?" Shawn said, barely in a whisper, but it was loud enough for me to hear.

"Stop it, both of you." David yelled.

I heard a door open, and David stepped out.

"Come in our room so you don't get in trouble." He waved us in his direction and we walked inside his room.

It was dark, we couldn't see a thing.

"Guys do you have a flashlight or anything?" I asked.

"Don't you think it'd be on by now, sweetheart?" I heard Jack say. I rolled my eyes.

Then I remembered, I had my phone with me.

I wiped my phone out and turned on my flashlight.

I saw everyone's face in the small light, and Jack rolled his eyes.

"Danielle, you're an idiot."

"Excuse you?"

"Call someone to get you out of here!" He said.

I dialed Cameron. It went straight to voicemail.

"He's the only number on my phone!" I said.

"Wait, all doors should be locked. Why is your door open?" Shawn asked.

"Our door is always been unlocked. They put us in here because they trust us the most." Jack said.

"Can't you guys pick a lock?" I asked.

"No, I can't-"

"I can." David said.

"Alright, what do you need?"

"A bobby pin. Any of you guys have one?" David asked, and everyone stared at me.

I searched my hair and I pulled out a bobby pin. How convenient.

David walked out of the room and we all followed.

He put the bobby pin in the lock and started twisting it. The door opened instantly.

I hugged David, and he hugged back.

"I'll be back soon." I said.

"Do you mind if I keep this? It might be useful." David laughed, and I nodded.

We pulled apart and Shawn and I ran down the stairs. We went back to our rooms without saying another word.

~~