Chapter 18; Monster

*Danielle's pov*

"Cameron? Can you come here?" I heard someone talking.

I opened my eyes, it was dark outside and I was blinded by the light coming from the hallway.

My memory caught up with me. I was lying down on Matt's hospital bed. His arm was holding me.

I heard more talk coming from the hallway.

"Could you check the infirmary?" I heard Ms. Allan command.

I face-palmed, knowing what would happen if Ms. Allan caught me. I got out of Matt's grip and crawled underneath the bed.

I saw Cam's figure come inside, and I put my hand on my mouth so that my heavy breathing was muffled.

His feet passed the foot of the bed, and I sighed a little.

"It's all good in here, Ms. Allan." Cam said.

"Okay, goodnight son." I heard her say. I rolled my eyes.

"Goodnight." He said, but he didn't leave.

I furrowed my brow. Why wasn't he moving?

I heard Ms. Allan's heels click down the hallway, and when it slowly faded, Cam's feet were still at the same spot.

"Okay, who's here?" He asked.

My hand clasped my mouth again.

"I'm not going to hurt you, unless you make me." He said.

He was checking everywhere, behind and under almost all the beds.

"Fine, I guess I'm just going to have to find you." He said.

Should I let him know I'm here? After all, he did let Ms. Allan go and then ask if someone was here. But I don't know if I can trust him anymore.

A hand grabbed my ankle and I was dragged out from under Matt's bed.

I opened my mouth to scream, but Cam's mouth covered it.

"Mhm..!" I tried to say something, every word I would say would be muffled.

"Danielle? What are you doing here?" He said. He was basically on top of me. That wasn't a good thing.

I couldn't answer him, mainly because his hand was on my mouth. I rolled my eyes.

"Oh right. Sorry." He said, as he helped me up.

"So, why are you here?" He asked.

"I fell asleep with Matt when I visited him." I said.

"Well, it's two in the morning. They're going to let the people from the fourth-"

"Cam, get away from my sister." David appeared, as a crowd of screaming people passed behind him.

"David, it's fine. Okay, he's conscious." I said.

"What are you talking about?" Cam asked.

"You think I wouldn't find out?" I said.

"Find out what?"

"Everything, Cam! Every damn thing you've been hiding from me!" I exploded. "You beat some kid to death, you're actually Ms. Allan's son-"

"Step-son."

"What?"

"I'm her step-son. She's my step mom."

"I don't give a fuck." I sighed, "the point is that you lied to me about everything." I said.

"Danielle please forgive me. I did this for you." He said.

"STOP DOING THINGS FOR ME!" I yelled.

"I did it because I love you." He said.

"You know what? That's a bunch of bullshit." I said.

"What?"

"Bullshit! Everything you said!" I yelled and I started to walk away. I felt bad for leaving David behind.

He grabbed my arm and turned me around.

"Nothing I said was bullshit besides the fact that I was Ms. Allan's step-son and that I beat up that guy when I was twelve." He said.

"Whatever I'm done with it." I sighed, and I started to walk down the stairs to the third floor.

"Look when you're done being a dick, let me know." I scowled as I made my way down the steps and walked down the hall. He followed me.

"Danielle, I'm sorry! I can't change who I am.." His voice lowered at the last part.

"Cam, I love you but I don't understand, why didn't you tell me?" I said.

"I was protecting you from who I am, what I'm capable to do when I sleep, or get angry.." He sighed.

"Is that why you haven't been yelling at me?" I asked.

He pulls me into a hug.

"You make me less insane." He said, chuckling a little.

I burry my head in his chest, his chest raising and falling calmly, but his heart beat is fast.

"Your heart is beating fast." I said, out loud.

"That's what happens when I get nervous." He said.

"Why?"

"Because I want to kiss you," he said, and I smiled.

"Why don't you?"

"I'm afraid I won't stop." He smirked, and I pressed my lips to his.

The kiss was short and sweet, nothing like the fight we just had.

I don't hold grudges with people, I guess you can say it's a weakness.

"I promise I'll tell you everything, anything, from here on. Okay?" He rubbed my arms up and down.

"Okay." I said.

He embraced me again, and he rested his chin on the top of my head.

"I don't want you to see the monster I really am." He whispered, maybe he didn't want to hear me.

But I heard him.

~.~
A/N: Monster by Imagine Dragons
"If I told you what I was,
Would you turn your back on me?
And if I seem dangerous,
Would you be scared?
I get the feeling just because
Everything I touch isn't dark enough
That this problem lies in me

I'm only a man with a candle to guide me,
I'm taking a stand to escape what's inside me.
A monster, a monster,
I've turned into a monster,
A monster, a monster,
And it keeps getting stronger."
~~
HELLO GUYS. HOW WAS YOUR DAY?
I just made christmas cookies and now I want more.
Anyways, I hope you like this chapter. There's going to be a lot going on in the next two chapters I swear.
I LOVE YOU GUYS!